Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here she is possibly one of the first LLY’s to be lifted here. She is Big! With only 600 miles on her it was a bit nerve racking seeing it ripped apart. Sorry about the pics, I have better ones, just need to get them processed.

MY 2500HD

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's one good looking truck. I see you decided to go all out with the long bed, once lifted the cc lb's look sweet.

Nice truck

Matthew

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Nice ride. and great choice in lift.

Seeing how you state that you love that truck; you need too make Glen Campbell`s "I Love My Truck" song the theme song for your beast.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Voodoo,

Did the lift kit affect the ride quality much, and what option gets the dual alts, or do all Duramaxs get dual alternators?
Edited by: Melvin Hatcher

·
Registered
162 Posts
Holy jalapeno peppers! That is one big lift! You, sir, are a rat bas***d for making the other CC LB white trucks look like chickens***.
BTW, how do you get in and out of the truck? By jumping?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SonnyBear said:
Holy jalapeno peppers! That is one big lift! You, sir, are a rat bas***d for making the other CC LB white trucks look like chickens***.
BTW, how do you get in and out of the truck? By jumping?

It is hard to get in and out right now, the bottom of the drivers door is at 30 inches.

I'm Looking at N-fab or Kodick Sidewinders. I need to get something soon!

http://www.n-fab.com/

http://www.kodiaksidewinder.com

Melvin Hatcher said:
Hi Voodoo,

Did the lift kit affect the ride quality much, and what option gets the dual alts, or do all Duramaxs get dual alternators?

Ride seems better than stock by far, just not as tight in handling. It is going to take some getting used to and I've got to do a little tweeking yet.

The Dual alts were an option, here is code (SEO) is 8X5. $224.00 Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
185 Posts
Voodoo:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Forget the truck, I want to move to your neighborhood. Beautiful place. All the grass and trees are dead here, but with a few days like today, the ole prairie will start to wake up and the crappie will be movin up on the bank.

Just sold my 03 and bought an 04 Crewcab 4wd LT. Dark charcoal metallic with gray leather. Looks almost black. Put on a small bug screen to protect the hood from rock chips and replaced the 245's with a set of 265 Firestone Steeltex AT's, load E rated. I'm bidding on eBay for a HYPERTECH programmer. The one I had on my 03 won't work on this one. I picked the LB7 motor since no one currently has a programmer that works for the LLY.

This truck was loaded, but no XM radio.
Has the Bose, but no XM. I may have to add it.

Later. ...LD

Edited by: dmaxer

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice Nice Nice looking truck. Elevator to get in and a parachutte to get out?
Seriously that is a great looking job you had done!!! Keep up the good work! Fran

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Now you tell me that doesn't look sharp !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Voodoo, did you swap out the gears to 4.56?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
9W3-HD said:
Voodoo, did you swap out the gears to 4.56?

I didn't want too, but felt it would be best. I'm very happy I did change to 4.56. Anything larger than 35's or 315's I would change them.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
OK, well I just ordered an 04, and I was making sure I didn't miss out on being able to order 4.56's from the factory, that makes me feel better. What did the swap end up costing you, around a grand or so?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With the Duramax you can only get 3.73's The swap price I'm not sure since my buddy worked it all in the labor of the install. He gave someone an est. of 1200 installed (front and rear) when I was there. Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
565 Posts
Voodoo,

What brand lift did you use? I recently lifted mine with a 6" Tuff Country and really like it. Mine still drives like a dream, actually "better" than stock.

BTW ... looks great! (but I'm a little biased)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts