Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing the knock that many people MAY have been referring to with regards to injector problems. I pin pointed it today on the interstate. My edge reads as follows ( MPH=80, Throttle=37-42, boost=7.9-9.8) Edge=5/3. When the motor would cylcle dow to 38% throttle the knock would come in. As soon as 39-40% throttle was achieved, it was silent. I have not noticed smoke when it does it, but snice the booststick I have not noticed much of a clean up in smoke in 5/5. The truck went from silent at 40% throttle to 12v cummins @ 37% throttle. Sound like injector problems? If so, will the dealership do a reflash with the truck out of warrenty for free, or will they do it with the edge, egr, fingerstick, and booststick installed? (thats alot of crap to take out?)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
im not positive but i would say be prepared to be bent over.
they dont like to do much out of warranty especialy with mods
but im not sure if the injectors are covered in that 100000 mile
engine warranty or not .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Get busy and start removing the goodies !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called a friend who works at my local gmc dealership and is a fellow lly owner, and he said take it all off and bring it in. He also said that he knows they have had lb7's with injector problems, ut he said he has never seen an lly in there for injectors.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
what RPM are you at when running 80mph? if its near 2900rpm's then you are hearing the pilot injection. It shuts off at that point and it sounds like clattering. Check this to make sure and if that is the case, its normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts