Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dealer just called and my TPW got kicked back a week further.....

The dealer is not sure it's the LLY change that's causing the problem, but thinks so. TPW now 1-19-04.

Kool, I posted this question on one other thread, are you guys still on target to start LLY production Monday the 8th?Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Zeeb,

When did you order? I ordered mine on 9/27 and I am trying to get a feel for when I will get my baby.

Thanks,

Dennis

On Edit: OOPS! I meant 10/27. . . Called Dealer 12/8, "I have no idea. . . " Gee thanks.Edited by: baimpala

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis,

Quite a bit after you did, ordered 11-14-03. The factory picked it up in two days, issued a change order to the LLY engine the next day, got my first TPW of 1-12-04 two weeks to the day after the order.

Then today I got told the TPW got moved back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
ZEEB ORDERD NOV1 TPW 12/8. HAD THAT CHANGE OF ORDER LIKE YOU DID ABOUT 11/24, DEALER SAID CHANGE TO LLY. CHECKED WITH HIM TODAY 12/6 TRUCK WAS BUILT ON 12/3. I SHOULD HAVE VIN NUMBER TUES, WED. I CANT WAIT TO SEE 8TH DIGIT. EITHER WAY ITS A HELL OF A TRUCK, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE EXTRA POWER. I'LL POST WHEN I SEE NUMBER SO EVERYONE CAN SEE IF THE CHANGE IS MADE. OF COURSE TPW OF 1/12 YOU WILL SURELY HAVE LLY. MY CASE IS QUESTIONABLE. I'LL LET EVERYONE KNOW.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
BRUCE said:
ZEEB ORDERD NOV1 TPW 12/8. HAD THAT CHANGE OF ORDER LIKE YOU DID ABOUT 11/24, DEALER SAID CHANGE TO LLY. CHECKED WITH HIM TODAY 12/6 TRUCK WAS BUILT ON 12/3. I SHOULD HAVE VIN NUMBER TUES, WED. I CANT WAIT TO SEE 8TH DIGIT. EITHER WAY ITS A HELL OF A TRUCK, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE EXTRA POWER. I'LL POST WHEN I SEE NUMBER SO EVERYONE CAN SEE IF THE CHANGE IS MADE. OF COURSE TPW OF 1/12 YOU WILL SURELY HAVE LLY. MY CASE IS QUESTIONABLE. I'LL LET EVERYONE KNOW.

Extra power is just a JUICE or Quadzilla away.....

Don't sweat the small stuff...........

T
NY

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey sorry havent been around yeah tomarow is full blown LLY they have some on the line but none completed...but tomarow is the day that we start full blown production

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My info was that the first LLY trucks would be built on Thursday and Friday, but only a handful at that. I believe there are only to be 8 or so built on these 2 days. The following week will begin full production at the Pontiac East plant.Edited by: BIG DIPPER

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess we'll have to wait and see what goes on. Kool had originally said that production of the engines was supposed to start on 12-04, but later changed that to 12-08. That was after the initial reports of production starting the first of November, then the middle, then Dec 4.

I can't see how they could start building trucks even on the 4th, and get engines from Ohio to Michigan on the same day. I suspect that engines won't even start being shipped for at least a day or two, (I don't know how many they can build per day, nor how many go in a shipment, but suspect it's probably a rail car full) Then they've got to get to the plants in Michigan before they can build trucks. That delay would seem to account for why my TPW is two full months from order date...

Bruce's truck was built on Dec. 3, but I believe he's getting a CC which is built in Flint, while the RC's and EC's are built in Pontiac, which is now known as "Pontiac Assembly" according to Howard and GM's web site.

·
Registered
288 Posts
ZEEB: YOU ARE RIGHT MY TRUCK IS A CC. THOUGHT I POSTED THAT, SORRY. STILL DONT KNOW FOR SURE WHICH ENGINE. WHEN I KNOW EVERYBODY WILL KNOW. ALSO 2 WD. STILL NO VIN ,STILL NO DELIVERY DATE

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
All I have is SON: GTXNRV Orderd 10/27, dealer said GM picked up order on 11/18 or 11/19

·
Registered
288 Posts
GMCSID: WOW, THANKS IF YOU CAN TELL ME. ORDER NUMBER IS GTPJO7. BUT LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE EITHER WAY IS A HELL OF A TRUCK. THANKS AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
GTXNRV is on the LB7 to LLY list. GTPJO7 is not on the list but that just means the ordered wasn't changed from LB7 to LLY, it could have been ordered with LLY depending on the date ordered. After 11/18 all were ordered with LLY. (all that LLY comes in)

·
Registered
325 Posts
If i were to order a Duramax Truck by friday what are the chances I could get it by the first of the year. GMCSID you seem to know a lot.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RUQWKNF27 said:
If i were to order a Duramax Truck by friday what are the chances I could get it by the first of the year. GMCSID you seem to know a lot.. Thanks

Well I'm not Sid, but I'll take a shot at this one....

Somewhere between none and none...

I've seen dealers on rare occasion, and I mean really rare, get a truck in four weeks. Averages are six to eight weeks without going through an engine model change.Mine's looking like ten to twelve weeks right now, and that could change to something longer.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Dealers in my area when I ordered were saying about eight weeks. I talked to mine on Monday 12/8, and he said he didn't have a good feel for how long right now. Part of that sounds like dealerese, but I would suspect the eight weeks would be fairly reasonable.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
GMCSID,

Thanks for the info, it makes the wait a little more bareable!

Dennis

·
Registered
288 Posts
GMCSID: THANKS FOR INFO, ORDER WAS PICKED UP ON 11/6. A CHANGE OF ORDER CAME DOWN ABOUT 11/24. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE LB7, AND THATS OK WITH ME. WITHOUT POLLUTION CONTROLS WILL BE EASIER TO BUMP UP POWER A LITTLE WITH OUT BREAKING ANY LAWS. I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT COMES THROUGH. THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried to order a 3500 CC SRW 4WD LB yesterday and the computer wouldn't accept it. Regional guys told my salesman that there was a huge order placed recently which created a backlog. Isn't sure if he'll be able to place order before the first of the year.

Can anyone confirm???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts