Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 05 with 167 K miles and its been great up till now. First after being on the freeway for length of time I can hit exit ramp and come to a stop. Go to pull off and truck bucks then wont go above 2000 RPM stays this way till I pull over and shut it down for a few minutes. But now its starting to buck and jerk as its getting no fuel then clears up does this random...Any help please....

·
Administrator
17,026 Posts
Inspect all of your fuel lines.
Look for any dry rot, kinks, weeps, cracks, etc...
Pump up the primer on the filter head till hard and let it sit overnight.
Check the primer first thing in the morning. If it is soft you have a leak that needs to be found.
Check for any Codes

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do the fuel line check. But as far as codes there are none .Read with my scanner and a friends and none active or stored.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW, pumped it up and within a hour I was able to get pump it up again. Did this 4 times and it leaks down but no visible leaks anywhere ???

·
Administrator
17,026 Posts
WOW, pumped it up and within a hour I was able to get pump it up again. Did this 4 times and it leaks down but no visible leaks anywhere ???
Start by replacing or rebuilding the Filter head.
Rebuild kits can be found locally or online. be sure to purchase a rebuild kit that contains a metal bleed screw.
The plastic bleed screws are known to crack and allow air to enter

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought a new assembly and it still does the same thing . Going to order the fuel lines next...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts