Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's ALIVE!! My LLY powered 2003 "X LB7" truck is on the road!:D

It's only got about 10 miles on it so far, but all went well. We did have a little trouble with the anti theft. Getting the ECM, TCM, and BCM to all get along was a 30 minute relearn procedure and so far all is GOOD!!

We'll put the finishing touches on tomorrow and I'll try to log another 50 miles or so this weekend. Hopefully there will be no codes, and NO more LB7 injector issues!

We used a complete LLY engine, the harness from the LLY truck from the under hood fuse panel out, the LLY NSBU switch, one CAC tubes off the LLY and one off an LBZ, the 03 TCM, tranny, and CAC.

All in all not a bad swap!;) This SHOULD also open the door to putting a complete LBZ long block in too!! Thanks to all that helped!

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Congrats!Keep us updated too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I get to drive my truck again when i get home!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
:thumb: Congratulations, Rick! Hmmm, what if it turns out you created the only LLY in the world that won't... never mind!

And congratulations on finding the reluctor / crank pin issue on the '04! It sounds like it's only a matter of time before 'Ol Red is happilly clattering!

:)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Wish I could have been more help when you called Rick. I'm very glad it is working for you.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John! JK was out, and called back later (Thanks), but I got the info from the dealer. The main issue was bad batteries, then the anti theft.

·
Registered
318 Posts
stevebos;1583301; said:
:thumb: Congratulations, Rick! Hmmm, what if it turns out you created the only LLY in the world that won't... never mind!

And congratulations on finding the reluctor / crank pin issue on the '04! It sounds like it's only a matter of time before 'Ol Red is happilly clattering!

:)
Ol' red is goin. Having trouble keeping turbo tube boots on though.:mad:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I told you it would work, great job Rick :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Clean the mating surfaces of the tubes and couplers with lacquer thinner or Acetone prior to assembly. Any oil and they will pop off at he most inconvenient time. Make sure the ridges engage each other.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey rick did you use the lb7 rad. this could be intresting???? Lets see how HOT you can get it...

·
Registered
219 Posts
:ro) :ro) :cool2: :grd: :ro) :ro)

·
Registered
318 Posts
dieseldrunk;1584739; said:
Hey rick did you use the lb7 rad. this could be intresting???? Lets see how HOT you can get it...
Everything is lb7 except motor, wire harness, and turbo tubes.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry to have to say this, but I can fix the well known LLY problem a whole lot easier and cheaper than a new set of injectors for the LB7.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The LLY is cheaper to buy than the LBZ and it makes all 4 of my trucks very, very close to the same. Only need to have one spare turbo, one spare ECM, one spare CP3, one spare motor, etc.;)

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
RickDLance;1584997; said:
The LLY is cheaper to buy than the LBZ and it makes all 4 of my trucks very, very close to the same. Only need to have one spare turbo, one spare ECM, one spare CP3, one spare motor, etc.;)

Thats just being an efficient company. Saves money on parts. Good call.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
RickDLance;1584997; said:

A TX Christopher fix is all you need if it overheats, right??

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I already have one, I just wonder if I'll get a volume discount when I buy the next three?):h

1 - 20 of 77 Posts