Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's involved in changing the injector nozzles? I was wondering if is feasible to have say 30% over nozzles for the summer pulling season and switching them back to the stock nozzles the rest of the year when I'm trying to get fuel economy? Any input?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I wish the LB7's were that easy to get to, to make than even a fesible decision.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am thinking about doing the same thing. Last pulling season I had some injector probems and had to cange a few of them. Some of them can be changed in 20 minutes and some take longer. I changed one at a pull last year durring the class ahead of me. They really are pretty simple. The biggest problem I had was one of the injectors would not pop out of the hole. Might of been easier if I had the proper tool. Good luck. Roger

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Like Roger said, it can be done. Some are easier to get to then others, but its doable. The LB7 injectors will be easier to access soon too, so no fear for those guys.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Personally, I find it easier to keep the injectors stable and modify the tuning accordingly. Just keep the injectors mild enough that they don't smoke continually.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any special tools needed? How do the nozzles come off, are they screwed on? Any gaskets/seals that need to be changed or whatever?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
LLY injectors can be chnaged in 20 minutes?!? Thats awesome!!! I never knew it was that easy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts