Diesel Place banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Man what a feeling, starting the engine for the first time, putting it in drive and taking a spin around the neighborhood. Nothing like building your own rig, the way you want it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well the drive was a major letdown!!! Shes running rough and threw a butload of codes. p0612 ficm relay control circuit. p0880 tcm power input signal. u0106 lost communication with glowplug control module,the rest are egr codes which i expected. Ever so often motor stumbles and lets out a loud clank!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Figured out the glowplug issues...connecter wasnt seated all the way. I also installed the yukon bcm and turned off vats with hptuners. Hoping that the tcm issue may have been because I was still using the truck bcm? Too late for another test drive. Ill double check the grounds, thanks!!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
the ground wire on the firewall maybe..

the FICM could the fact the Fuel pump relay setup for the gas does not power the relay correctly. have you changed the way the relay is powered?

1969 i found my old notebook and i will type something up today.

twisted pair only on LBZ not on LLY or LB7

the yellow jumper wire is the the communication for the TCM , but it still needs to be powered correctly. does the PND123 display on dash.?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Diggy the only wiring mods I have done so far is the yellow jumper. I was unaware of the ficm relay mods. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated! !

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well the drive was a major letdown!!! Shes running rough and threw a butload of codes. p0612 ficm relay control circuit. p0880 tcm power input signal. u0106 lost communication with glowplug control module,the rest are egr codes which i expected. Ever so often motor stumbles and lets out a loud clank!!
I too had several codes and spotty communication with the ecm on my conversion along with the occasional stumble. I ended up putting the diesel fuse box in and it cured the stumble, communication problem and the ficm code. I couldn't figured out the stumble but it went away when I changed the fuse box. If you change the fuse box out for the truck you will have to add 2 fuses for the rear ac and rear window wiper. Then the fuel pump relay in the fuse box will control the transfer pump. I just took the wire from the transfer pump and spliced it to the fuel pump wire from the fuse box

·
Registered
221 Posts
I used the Yukon fuse panel, had to rewire the ign 1 relay to not get the codes. Also had to power the TCM separately. Either way seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I think I have most of the problems solved!!! The stumble was air in the fuel system. I rewired the ign 1 relay and I did the yellow jumper to power the tcm. My transmission cooler was damaged on the donor and must be replaced, I cant figure out what fluid I need to top this thing off with. Dipstick says dex3 but Im positive it doesnt have dex3 in it...dark purplish fluid? transynd? Im in the short rows now!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a cooler if you wernt so far away

Skippie

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I called Eric Swanson yesterday and picked his brain a little(damn good guy)!! Eric suggested that my p0880 problem was communication with the yuk ebcm and I should swap over to the donor ebcm. Well I did that but the wiring or the connector dont match up so I did the best I could without some pinouts. Now my abs/brake light stays on all the time...guess its time for an Alldata subscription.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Got the wiring diagrams and pinouts sorted through and all is correct...still have abs/brake light. Did anyone else have to swap to the donor abs module? Any ideas??

·
Registered
221 Posts
I did not have to swap the module. Any chance you have a clock spring problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
No i put the seatbelt through the steering wheel b4 i disconnected the shaft. Drove it some more and Im constantly getting p0880 and now p0700 has popped up. Anymore than 1/2 throttle it bucks and jumps and throws these codes.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.