Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here so be easy on me. I'm swapping an 05 lly into my yuk. Hopefully I'll have the body set back on this weekend. It's been a fun experience thus far and I'm a little worried about the wiring.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes, you cant fit the rad and intercooler into the stock rad support. You will then need to do a 2" body lift, or use a tapered body lift so everything clears

Skippie

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha you got me covered on the body lift skippie. The intercooler fit in the core support...it looked like all I had to do was drill holes for the bushings. What's the difference between the two?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The LLY stack will fit, but the LBZ us way too big. However, you may run into problems with the hood hitting the intake mouth piece.
And why the lift pump mount in the rear?
Who makes the draw tube on the front tank?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes testdrive is correct I was thinking LBZ, but the mouth piece will never clear, especally if you run a LBZ mouth piece, (recommended). my stock LLY pickup with LBZ mouth piece wore though the hood insulation because it was so close.

Skippie

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the progressive body lift, lbz in an 03 Yukon, putting it together I thought there was no way the hood would fit, but it did, I have an s&b CAI, just barely rubs the insulation on the underside of the hood. That rubbing got a little more intense when I broke the passenger side motor mount, still stayed under the hood though! Haha

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
HaHa, no worries. Best of luck with your swap! I hope to do one this year myself.
If you already own a dually why not do a 6 door, short bed dually. I always figured this would be my next build if I ever get the guts ($) to do another one.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sorry it was trash...broke in half. only good panels on this donor was drivers rear door lol.
I could have used that, but I just bought one.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.