Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is does anybody know the diference between the LLY filter and the LB7? I know that the fuel filter is about 1 inch larger, but does it filter any better? I believe that the original filtered down to 5 microns, the after market down to 2 microns. Any help would be appriciated.

P.S. great site very informative thanks in advanced

·
Registered
909 Posts
I didn't think anyone had an LLY yet. If not, we'll have to wait for a filter teardown report.

·
Registered
62 Posts
GM didn't even start production of the LLY until January 04 (wich is not even one week ago). I find it a little hard to believe that anybody actually owns one yet.

P.S. I just viewed the "GM Duramax Technical Updates (04)" training DVD four days ago...They said the LLY was going to start production in Jan 04

Very interesting updates though....VERY INTERESTING!!!!!
Edited by: 1fatcat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought production began in december. i have read on the site that a few people have seen the lly. i could be wrong

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I got pics of it...

there are some pre-production ones out there, the one I seen was for testing/training purposes only

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
1fatcat said:
GM didn't even start production of the LLY until January 04 (wich is not even one week ago). I find it a little hard to believe that anybody actually owns one yet.

P.S. I just viewed the "GM Duramax Technical Updates (04)" training DVD four days ago...They said the LLY was going to start production in Jan 04

Well we have a member who works at the Duramax plant in Moraine, and he said LLY production started the change over about 12-5-03, and went to full production 12-08-03.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very possible, I wouldn't realy know. I can only go by what GM sends to our dealer. The training DVD said Jan 04 would be the SOP (start of production).

I'm sure that we are low on the totum pole as far as new info. I work at a dealership, but I'm still on a "need to know" basis.

Kind of sad that the GM tech isn't necissarily the first to know.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
See the post " Has anyone got the LLY yet?", I posted last week that, I performed the PDI on two of them at my dealership in Medford, OR. I even provided a vin # so any naysayers could run a VIS on it to see that I am not blowing smoke. Yes thats right, (2) CC SB 4wd Silver birch metallic LT with the LLY. Now as far as fuel filtration, I didn't get a chance to send out a sample or cut the filter up during the PDI, but it is 1 inch longer. My guess is that it is the same filter media, just more of it for a little longer service life ( 3000 miles instead of 2000 for some) I also posted my first impressions on driving it, and some G-Tech #s (yeah, it's broken in right) Hope this helps. I think we still have them so if anyone needs one looked at for something just holler. Oh, and by the way, it appears that the entire exhaust system from the v-clamp back is unchanged. It looks like all the old systems will bolt right up, including the cat-free intermediate pipes. See ya, Ben.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx ben. i guess i will have to wait
and thanks for all the replysEdited by: Sasquatch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts