Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys whats the opinion here? Who makes the best exhaust in your opinion, that isnt annoying inside the cab? Also is there an exhaust out there for the LLY besides the ATS. I was also interested in getting the turbo downpipe as well if you can do that on the new motor. Dynomax makes a nice setup for the LB7 motor, but not sure if it will fit on the new one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ordered my LLY exhaust from Banks... That's the only part they have now for the LLY... The exhaust is the same as the cat-back LB7... I'll post pictures and info. after the install...........Triffid

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
emerick -- The dynomax kit goes right on, no problems. Have the full kit on my truck, sounds great with the rear slider open, quiet otherwise (except louder turbo ;) )

·
Registered
570 Posts
I want to do something too I just don't want any drone when driving down the highway etc... the wife gets enough headaches from me and to give her one more or my 2 1/2 year old one in the back would be more drone than the new exhaust could ever make.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like I'll go with the Dynomax. Its probably aluminized steel, but I wont have the truck for like 10 years so it should last. Hopefully the downpipe works too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey emerick115,

I know this is off topic, but, I saw what kinda truck you have and I am ordering a truck like yours and I was wondering if you would mind posting a few pics of it? I am getting the cab lights on mine and probably the pewter leather seating, and cc. What did u get for the interior color and did u get 40/20/40 bench cloth or leather? Thanks for any help you can offer in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Never mind the last post...lol....I see that you have posted some pics....that is a very sharp truck. I hope mine is that sharp.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sure thing, If you want to see more pics, you can go to my buddies website at www.elitedubs.com and click on galleries, my truck is in there.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
We put a DPP system on our LLY and absolutely love it. The fit and finish is great and no noticeable drone to speak of. Just took it from MN to WA and could not stop smiling due to the sweet turbo whistle! We have had several different systems and DPP is the best by far. I just got a new Camera so pics will be up soon. Let me know if we can help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm running a Banks cat back on my LLY. The exhaust sound is good and deep, but not really loud. With the windows up at any speed I don't notice it. The install was a breeze. I installed it in my driveway and didn't even have to use a jack or jack stands. The fit was perfect. The only thing that I did different was to use the wide stainless band clamps instead of the ones that came w/ the kit. I bought it from www.4x4groupbuy.com for a fair price in the $400-$500 range.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
emerick115,

I'll also add that we have the MBRP systems available in aluminized, T-409 and T-304 stainless to fit most any budget and or potential term of ownership. The systems are availabel in single 4 inch and duals in both levels of stainless steel too! Plus all of our T-409 systems come standard with a T-304 muffler and all the welded hangers are also T-304 stainless, we know that if you are ever going to have a problem with corrosion it will be in the muffler or the hangers so we include the more expensive material in those parts to make sure you never have a warranty arise. Call us if you have any questions we are always here to help.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
125 Posts
I installed the Banks Monster Exhaust System on my LLY this afternoon
... It took about an hour, by myself, on the ground... A very easy install!... There are a few pictures of it on "Truck Pics" below.......Triffid

·
Registered
31 Posts
I noticed that Summit Racing has a 4" aluminized exhaust for the LB7's and wonder if anyone has any experience with these and if they will fit the LLY. I don't see why they wouldn't, but who knows.. the price for this one is $299

thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
Triffid said:
I installed the Banks Monster Exhaust System on my LLY this afternoon
... It took about an hour, by myself, on the ground... A very easy install!... There are a few pictures of it on "Truck Pics" below.......Triffid

Great pics of everything Triffid

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Triffid,

The picture of your Allison shows a deep pan. is that stock?

I have to agree with Voodoo. Really nice layout job on your photo album.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments guys!!... The deep Allison pan is stock on the LLY's... I think I'm going to add the Mag-Hytec pan... I still have the pod with a Autometer Boost, Pyro, and Diff. Temp gauge to add... also the in-dash Cobra CB... also the 3500 rear led light... This forum is costing me more than the truck!!
..........Triffid

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Triffid said:
The deep Allison pan is stock on the LLY's...
..........Triffid
That's what I thought. Thanks

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
hoot said:
Triffid said:
The deep Allison pan is stock on the LLY's...
..........Triffid
That's what I thought. Thanks

Okay I try not to hijack threads, but I thought we had put this one pan question to bed....

That picture Triffid posted was what started the whole question of whether or not the LLY Allison had a deep pan. A couple of the members who actually work on these trucks all the time chimed in on several threads.

The first is by Diesel Tech near the end of this thread saying it's not the deep pan:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6815&KW=LLY+deep+pan

The second is by Mike L. and it's the last post on this thread:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6608&KW=Mike+L%2E

Then there's the one about an NSBU switch in which Hoot posted a picture of what I assume is his old truck. The pan on it looks the same to me:

So, what do you think? Should we see if one of the techs who has access to parts manuals can check and see if there actually is a different part number? Or check the fluid capacity per GM?

I'd just really like to know, but it looks like from the other posts here, it's not a deep pan....
Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know what the dimensions of the two pans are, but the pan on my LLY, as delivered, is 4" deep in the front and 3" deep in the back... I don't have an LB7 or the Allison "deep pan" to check the thickness... I would also like to know (for sure) which one comes on the LLY/Allison... Thanks for the help!!... This is what makes this forum so GREAT!!!!........Triffid

1 - 20 of 22 Posts