Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been getting a few questions lately about the LLY and exhaust systems, so today we put a DPP system on our LLY. It fit like a glove. We also installed the optional Down Pipe to have a true 4" system all the way back and to get rid of the kitty. We took it for a test drive afterwards and have not stopped smiling yet. Pics will be up soon and hopefully some sound clips.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they are interchangeable. This is the same system from DPP that fits on the LB7.

The optional down pipe replaces the pipe that the cat is on. I will be saving it though in case emissions problems ever arise.

When you get on it, the sound is AWESOME! You can really hear the turbo whistle and then wind down when you let off. I gotta figure out how to do sound clips.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
i think he means the intermediate pipe, not the downpipe. the downpipe comes directly off the turbo and the trucks have different turbos..

i'm sure that makes the exhaust guys happy.. less work re-inventing the wheel..Edited by: Diesel Power

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nick- Yes, I am referring to the intermediate pipe. Its just easier to call it the DP. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.