Diesel Place banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
djdave33 you are crying about your truck on multiple posts, so if your that unhappy go buy a dodge or a ford, then see exactly how green the grass on the other side really is. put up or shut up, IMHO
IMHO im just stating my opinion.. or ACTUALLY my experience with my truck.. If you think im "CRYING" about it.. then thats your opinion.. Im glad your truck is running fine with no problems.. This is a forum on truck problems. I guess I am wrong for speaking out about what issues I have had with my truck.. in that case I am sorry for that..LOL the grass is greener on the side?? I said all trucks have there problems.. Have a great day..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dj Dave I think that most of your posts about your truck lately are pretty negative and not really that constructive. While I understand your truck has many problems I don't think it is a true reflection on most lly trucks. My truck has had only one problem and that is the fact it will overheat when pulling heavy loads. Besides this I have only had a few other MINOR issues. I chose to fix the OH problem with a V2 because it was cheaper than fighting the general and beside the OH issue I love the truck. Your truck OH condition seems much more severe than mine and I think that trying for a buyback is the proper route for you.

I don't think you would go wrong with a Cummins, but the rest of the truck is just not as refined as a Chevy. All things considered I would still take my LLY over a Dodge. I drove a 97 Dodge for over 300,000 miles so this is my real life experience.

Please don't take this as a bash. I understand your frustration and am only stating an outsiders opinion.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am very happy with mine. 20,000 miles and no problems:D

DJDAVE33
I am VERY surprised that you would even consider buying another GM with all your problems you have had with yours. No one that I have met that has "Lemon Lawed" there vehicles has been completely happy with the end result or offer from the manufacture.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Then dont make a comment about a ford v10 it dosen't run on diesel!!!

YEAH DAVE!!!!! No free speech in America... about a truck no less!!!:lol::lol::boxing:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had an LB7 for 140k miles before I got my LLY. I'll take the potential for overheating over the fueling issues I had with that truck. Injectors, CP3 the whole nine yards. I had close to 9 k in warranty work done on that tuck in one visit! So far teh LLY has proven more durable. I don't tow heavy like some do, max is about 12k, but I haven't had the OH issue yet. And this includes towing the PA Turnpike fully loaded in the heat of the summer on the way to Beaver Run. However if I had the issues that DJDave had I might be singing a different tune. I don't know if his issues are related to the LLY itself or more to just getting a bad truck. The dealer I use echoed the sentiments that the LLY was the best one so far in their opinion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dj Dave I think that most of your posts about your truck lately are pretty negative and not really that constructive. While I understand your truck has many problems I don't think it is a true reflection on most lly trucks. My truck has had only one problem and that is the fact it will overheat when pulling heavy loads. Besides this I have only had a few other MINOR issues. I chose to fix the OH problem with a V2 because it was cheaper than fighting the general and beside the OH issue I love the truck. Your truck OH condition seems much more severe than mine and I think that trying for a buyback is the proper route for you.

I don't think you would go wrong with a Cummins, but the interior of the truck is just not as refined as a Chevy.

Please don't take this as a bash. I understand your frustration and am only stating an outsiders opinion.
Thanks Sodfarmer.. I am not trying to bash chevy or gm either.. I have always had a gm product and have always enjoyed them. I just got a lemon this time. All manufactuers have them. I am just frustrated with the situation AND all the breakdowns. I totally agree with you about the dodge interior and ride ect.. They cant compare to the ride quality and overall finish of the gm's. ..once again Im sorry if I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE..It was not meant that way..

Thank you

·
Registered
141 Posts
hey Dave I really didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed you said your chevy is junk and that you would consider buying a ford gasser 5.4 or 6.8 but you said the v10 is a gas hog. I own an 05lly silverado I have had problems with my truck to axle seals steering shaft rims and blower motor resister. I just dont think the ford v10 fuel milage is that bad my brothers 2003f250 with v10 gets better fuel milage than gm 6.0 gasser. I realize you have your opinion and I have mine .I really didn't mean to stir you up but I think the ford v10 is a good engine. I hope you find a truck you will be happy with.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wouldnt buy an lly.. lots of overheating issues and lots of fan noise..
I love mine too. Overheating issues? Mine runs fine. 05 dur with four inch exhaust and Juice with attitude. And my pcv valve is clean under the fitting in the air intake before the turbo. I run Amsoil synthetic oil, maybe that's the answer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good thread to find and read seeing I just traded in my 01 for an 05.

Being new to the Lly, what's this V2 fix?

I will say that between the two I noticed just driving it the 100+ miles home that it's quieter, rides better, has a higher RPM on the interstate and the take off from a stop is for lack of a better term...funny somehow.
First impressions only, looking forward to having this truck.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Good thread to find and read seeing I just traded in my 01 for an 05.

Being new to the Lly, what's this V2 fix?

I will say that between the two I noticed just driving it the 100+ miles home that it's quieter, rides better, has a higher RPM on the interstate and the take off from a stop is for lack of a better term...funny somehow.
First impressions only, looking forward to having this truck.
The v2 is an extra radiator that fits behind the bumper and between the frame rails to provide additional cooling. Some including myself have found that when pulling heavy high wind drag loads the lly can overheat. The v2 works awesome and made my truck a joy to pull with again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The v2 is an extra radiator that fits behind the bumper and between the frame rails to provide additional cooling. Some including myself have found that when pulling heavy high wind drag loads the lly can overheat. The v2 works awesome and made my truck a joy to pull with again.
Thanks, good to know.

I pretty much only tow cars/trucks around with my off road truck being the heavier of the bunch.
The occasional tractor once in a while too.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Sodfarmer.. I am not trying to bash chevy or gm either.. I just got a lemon this time. All manufactuers have them.
If that's the case then why start by posting in BOLD that you wouldn't buy an LLY because they all have problems??? The reality is you got a LEMON and it can happen with any MFG. It really has nothing to do with your truck being a LLY. It's just a lemon. It could have been a LBZ or even a Powerjoke.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If that's the case then why start by posting in BOLD that you wouldn't buy an LLY because they all have problems??? The reality is you got a LEMON and it can happen with any MFG. It really has nothing to do with your truck being a LLY. It's just a lemon. It could have been a LBZ or even a Powerjoke.
Actually that is the case.. it was a lemon.. plain and simple.. and the forums title is "common problems with the lly" Overheating seems to be a problem with them as a lot of people have commented on that issue. Well I was stating the problems i have had with mine..overheating, power steering assist and cooling clutch fans. Actually I liked the look and ride of that truck. When it was running light and or when it was cold outside it was ok. I never said they all have problems..but im sure a lot of them do.. I only know what problems I and a friend of mine has had with his..I wish I had known about this site earlier and had heard about the "so called" overheating issues of the lly's before I bought the truck, I would not have bought it. I would have waited a few months for the lbz. I bought that truck in late august. Like I said all manufactuers have problems.. If you have ever had a lemon thou.. you may feel the same frustrations that I do. Just by reading the forums it appears the llys were more problemsome then the other duramax's.. As I stated in a previous post I am not here to offend anyone.. just stating the facts in my experience with that truck...2 years of frustration..

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I think the LLY is the best of the bunch.;)

If the OH problem comes up then simply fix it. Cheaper then a set of LB7 injectors.:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I fing your comments INTERESTING
Im glad you never had a problem.. wish that we were all that lucky with ours.. My chevy dealer says all the lly's were problems..
Your dealer is a bone head!! The lly was the best of the best!!!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I wouldnt buy an lly.. lots of overheating issues and lots of fan noise..
117K and have never had and over heat issue. I tow a goose neck with 15k on it and several other trailers. As for fan noise, well it won't cool the engine if its not making noise.

Greg

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
no bad problems with mine almost 89000miles now very satisfied few warranty issues but normal for any brand.just my opinion the 3-4 freinds i have that own newer dodges hate them no gas milage truck itself sucks the only thing that keeps dodge going is the cummings dont slap me around for this.the comments are coming from my friends and family that are die hard dodge boys and they hate them .state the last good dodge was the 5.9.good luck

·
Registered
510 Posts
Had an 02 it was fine ,90k later traded to an 04 LLY.

BOTTOM LINE..... HAD TO GET A V2 ,NOW EVERYTHING IS FINE!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts