Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
sometimes!!!! you get a bad dealership!!! where are you located? someone here will know a reputable place to bring the vehicle.multiple problems,fan clutch/waterpump,low front tire air pressure/weak or leaking steering hydraulic system,as for the steering shaft bad R&D on GM behalf
or LEMONIZE IT!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
sometimes!!!! you get a bad dealership!!! where are you located? someone here will know a reputable place to bring the vehicle.multiple problems,fan clutch/waterpump,low front tire air pressure/weak or leaking steering hydraulic system,as for the steering shaft bad R&D on GM behalf
or LEMONIZE IT!!!!
I am about an hour east of pittsburgh, pa. I have had this truck to 5 dealers here in pa and 2 dealers in florida. I have had them say,"low tire pressure" one tire was 3 lbs lower then the other one.. they also changed the waterpump... I forgot about that one.. and the steering shaft has been changed a few times also.. Plus I have had electrical problems in the wiring.. and gas gauge reading empty. I have the "belt squeek issue" The jumpy allison tranny issue that i have seen a few posts about. Plus a few more problems with it. Its a shame to because i really like the look and the ride of the truck. I think the llys were just more problemsome then the earlier or later ones. I know all brands have there issues and problems but this one has been unbearable. And most of the chevy dealers at least the ones here in pa have not been helpful in the least.. They act like its coming out of there pocket.. The dealers in florida are much better thou.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I wouldnt buy an lly.. lots of overheating issues and lots of fan noise..
But this is coming from someone who has had a lot of problems....I bought mine 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Two of my friends have LLY's and love them......it's just whether or nor not it hooks you when you go to look at it. You could do much worse!!:D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My LLY is the no question best vehicle I've ever owned. No overheating problems, or any other kind of problem. Steering shaft clunk is the only complaint in 70,000K miles.

Bad luck. Get rid of it and buy a Titan.
x2 on that one. dealer replaced the shaft with TSB that went out as soon as they got the part. What a difference of opinion here.....they really do run the spectrum.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If overheating was the only problem I might do that. But thats just the start of my problems with the truck.. Mine only has 21k miles and is still under bumper to bumper warranty. being its been back to the dealers so many times its going for the lemon law. Were not talking squeeks and rattles here... lol Im talking Major defects.. Like a few members posted on here sometimes a truck has so many issues with it that its like I cant wait to get rid of the pos..Honestly would anyone of you guys want a truck that starts to oh unloaded going up a hill on a warm day? Even with that engine cooling fan roaring most of the time.. Mine has oh ed on 95 south thru sc and fl.. on very slight uphill grades pulling 7k max. I mean oh too with the dic flashing and alarms going off. Then when I got to a campground to park the tt the steering gets real stiff and looses assist. Im sure you all know what I am talking about here.. The power steering system sucks on these trucks. I went thru all the fixes... new valve in the ps pump, then a new ps pump, then a new steering gear assembly.. then another.. then new clutch fans 2 of them... then a air cleaner assembly from a 2006. Plus much much more.. So its not an easy fix or a good situation.. Im done.. 24 repair attempts is enuff!!!!!
hell, I would think that 10 attempts would be enough for all of that stuff. Hope you get better luck this time. I have heard from a few that the 6.7 is not as good as the 5.9. I owned a 2001 5.9 Cummins with the 6-speed and put 300,00 on it with 0 problems before trading it in on a POS Ford.:mad:

·
Registered
248 Posts
hell, I would think that 10 attempts would be enough for all of that stuff. Hope you get better luck this time. I have heard from a few that the 6.7 is not as good as the 5.9. I owned a 2001 5.9 Cummins with the 6-speed and put 300,00 on it with 0 problems before trading it in on a POS Ford.:mad:

I do like the look of the f-350 better then any of them but I have heard there are way to many problems with the powerstrokes. The old 5.9 cummins were awesome. My friend had over 350k miles on his and it was still running great. He just wanted something newer. He recently got a 6.7 and so far likes it except for the dpf filter.. he likes the 6 speed manuels thou.. I would rather have the auto thats why I bought the gm instead of the cummins because back in 2005 the auto that dodge had was not strong enuff for the cummins. I just want a truck that dont give me a crap load of problems. Life is way to short to worry about a truck.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I feel your pain djdave33. For the first 2 years I owned my Kodiak, I felt sorry for all those guys that had the overheaters. Figured that I was immune since I had the Kodiak or maybe I got lucky and had one that just didn't get hot. Until last summer....then I pulled in some real elevation and got it hot. Granted, I pull a bit heavier than most people, but I NEVER had a problem until I got on I-70 going east into Golden Colorado at 11,000'. Been chasing a cure for it since. They don't make a V2 for a Kodiak.

I have tried SEVERAL different tunes with EFI and nothing has helped. I am going to try and get a tranny cooler to help with some of the heat load and am looking at getting a new radiator built with better cooling capabilities.

As far as the original poster.....if you tow low profile, and not 22,000LB campers at 10,000+ feet, you'll probably not have any problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just tradded my lb7 for lly and thank goodness you dont no trouble until u try to get injectors fixed, left me on the road more than once.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The only problem ive had is the #2 and #7 injector harness otherwise it is fine

·
Banned
86 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my LLY. The only problem I've encountered was the intermediate steering shaft.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my LLY. The only problem I've encountered was the intermediate steering shaft.
Same here. I also have two friends with llys and no problems on there trucks ether. I tow a lot to and have had no over heating. I do have a friend that had an LB7 and he was able to lemon law it and get his money back every thing you can think of went wrong on his truck.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's a lot of stuff to go wrong on one truck. That sucks. I have had mine at the dealership a few times for the wiring harness, drive shaft and water pump. No other issues in 82000 miles.

You should get yourself an 08' Duramax and get rid of that cursed LLY.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's a lot of stuff to go wrong on one truck. That sucks. I have had mine at the dealership a few times for the wiring harness, drive shaft and water pump. No other issues in 82000 miles.

You should get yourself an 08' Duramax and get rid of that cursed LLY.
Its a shame I have owned GM all my life other then 2 f-350's that were good trucks. . I am just waiting for the gm people to see what they are going to do.. they say that they might offer me a coupon for a 08 duramax equiped the same way as this one. That way they wont have to brand the title on this one as a lemon law buyback.. I would rather have the cash back thou... I would buy a cummins then, They have there problems also.. but seem to be more reliable and they now have the turbo exhaust brake standard on them.. the powerstrokes have the looks in my opinion but have more problems then gm's. And I would even consider a gas engine but I dont like fords 5.4 and the v10 is a gas hog.. I have a few friends that have the cummins and they dont seem to have the problems that the duramax has. I just wish the dodge trucks were a little more refined.. Does anyone have any pros or cons on the 6.7 cummins and the 08 duramax?
thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its a shame I have owned GM all my life other then 2 f-350's that were good trucks. . I am just waiting for the gm people to see what they are going to do.. they say that they might offer me a coupon for a 08 duramax equiped the same way as this one. That way they wont have to brand the title on this one as a lemon law buyback.. I would rather have the cash back thou... I would buy a cummins then, They have there problems also.. but seem to be more reliable and they now have the turbo exhaust brake standard on them.. the powerstrokes have the looks in my opinion but have more problems then gm's. And I would even consider a gas engine but I dont like fords 5.4 and the v10 is a gas hog.. I have a few friends that have the cummins and they dont seem to have the problems that the duramax has. I just wish the dodge trucks were a little more refined.. Does anyone have any pros or cons on the 6.7 cummins and the 08 duramax?
thanks
The ford 6.8 v10 is not a gas hog it gets about 11mpg all the time!!! if you want good fuel milage buy a car!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
The ford 6.8 v10 is not a gas hog it gets about 11mpg all the time!!! if you want good fuel milage buy a car!!!!

If I was worried about fuel cost I would not have bought a diesel.. !!!!Like I said I am looking for a DIESEL not a gas Truck!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
If I was worried about fuel cost I would not have bought a diesel.. !!!!Like I said I am looking for a DIESEL not a gas Truck!!!!
Then dont make a comment about a ford v10 it dosen't run on diesel!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
djdave33 you are crying about your truck on multiple posts, so if your that unhappy go buy a dodge or a ford, then see exactly how green the grass on the other side really is. put up or shut up, IMHO

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You think that 11mpg isn't a gas hog?

·
Registered
248 Posts
21 - 40 of 89 Posts