Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to write extra boost into your own program? Say enough to eliminate the BS?

·
Registered
459 Posts
yes, it is fairly easy to do once you get the hang of things. can control boost maximum, minimum, and also spool up time by the turbo tables.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
No problem at all, adding boost is very simple as he said.

·
Registered
874 Posts
SUPER simple!

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I still prefer the 'feel' of the boost stick. I can't seem to duplicate it with tuning alone. I'm not sure how to describe it but I'll keep working at it.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I still prefer the 'feel' of the boost stick. I can't seem to duplicate it with tuning alone. I'm not sure how to describe it but I'll keep working at it.
:exactly: Still a useful piece...

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have adjusted vane postion maps and have had very fast spool-up and very good throttle response by making changes to vane maps. Also can completely open them up at idle for quicker spool-down also. Wide range of tools here to play with.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I can't see why you could not simulate ANY external device given the time.
Maybe Fingers can post up the response curve ;) :joke:

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
If you wanted to duplicate the BS you would leave the boosst tables alone and play with the sensor response table. The trick is how much where.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I can produce the same boost as the PPE or the Fingers boost controller. After spending a few days with the timing and fuel tables, altering boost was easy. I have it set to produce about 30 psi max right now.

Turbo bark controlled much better with my EFILive stuff.

I have also eliminated the "hump" in boost at about 2400 rpm.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I have some tunes that work VERY well, but it's not as easy as one would think. Sometimes what looks good and feels good on the butt dyno is disproven on the Lie Detector. Very minor changes can have a profound negative effect some times...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
If you wanted to duplicate the BS you would leave the boosst tables alone and play with the sensor response table. The trick is how much where.
I tried that and set the P2227 code. I'm back with the BS and boost table tweaks. Seems to work better for me than just the tables alone. I'll probably re-investigate the sensor table again at a later date.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts