Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been at this a couple days now on my 2004.5 LLY. I've added atz, changed to J1850 protocol, tried alternate headers, yet it either wont connect or mostly I get "423" for my balance rates. Using an OBD Key adapter. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,963 Posts
I have same issue. Hopefully someone comments with some info!
Have you tried a different ELM327 plug adapter?
Some of those China-made adapters cause funky issues.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I haven't. The adapter I'm using is an early unit produced by OBD Key out of the UK (I believe). It was so long ago that I think I paid $75 for it, lol.

So, anyone have recommendations on an obd adapter that for sure works with Torque Pro and will show balance rates?

·
Administrator
15,963 Posts
No I haven't. The adapter I'm using is an early unit produced by OBD Key out of the UK (I believe). It was so long ago that I think I paid $75 for it, lol.

So, anyone have recommendations on an obd adapter that for sure works with Torque Pro and will show balance rates?

There is an app you can download to check the adapter for proper compatibility.
Look up "ELM327 Identifier" in your app store and use it to test your plugin device.

Try looking on Amazon for a replacement

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
15,963 Posts
Dunno what they mean but here are the results!

If you look up ELM Electronics they show their latest version of the firmware for their adapters as v2.2
Your scan only shows 2 of the 6 files supported in v2.2.
That may be your issue. Most of cheap adapters out on the market are clones from China
I would look online for an ELM327 adapter that shows v2.2 firmware installed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you tried a different ELM327 plug adapter?
Some of those China-made adapters cause funky issues.
Yes I had a crap cheap one then bought the veepeak. Couldn't even connect with the old adapter. I seen a post somewhere before I got my setup that guy had same issue and someone gave him the fix but of course I can't find it now!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,963 Posts
Yes I had a crap cheap one then bought the veepeak. Couldn't even connect with the old adapter. I seen a post somewhere before I got my setup that guy had same issue and someone gave him the fix but of course I can't find it now!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Try using the community search tab located at the top of the screen to find your info. Also, try it in Google and look through the DieselPlace posts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts