Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an lly, juice& attitude,4in exhust straightpipe,k&n cold air intake.I get the famous 1093 code,loud clatter at higher rpms no load from the primary injection, sounds terrible on a cold morning start for a couple seconds, and some times on a quick acceleration it seems to misfire through the intake like an old 4 barrel. Ive had 2 reflashes, regulator changed, and the high pressure rail changed for the checkvalve inside, injectors seemed to be fine on leakdown test,and actual presure follows the desired presure on the pump. Any answers THANKS

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
When was the last reflash performed?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Do you have the latest flash?

Duramax Diesel Hesitation or Backfire - keywords 6.6 acceleration calibration ECM EGR intake LLY pop second shift third throttle turbo #PIP3450A - (Jan 11, 2006)
Duramax Diesel Hesitation or Backfire
2005 Chevrolet Silverado

2005 GMC Sierra

with 6.6L Engine (VIN2 - RPO LLY)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
The customer concern may be a backfire or pop through the intake during a hard acceleration. A noticeable hesitation will also be felt if the concern is duplicated.

This concern can be hard to duplicate and the vehicle will have no DTCs.

The condition described in this PI will only occur under a hard acceleration with the throttle angle at or above 70-80%. During the hard acceleration, the hesitation or pop through the intake will occur when the transmission shifts from second to third, or when the transmission shifts from third to fourth gear.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Complete the current SI diagnostics for Hesitation, Sag, or Stumble.

If SI diagnostics are inconclusive, and the hesitation/pop through the intake is occurring as described in this pi, there has been a new calibration released to address the condition.

Please program the ECM with the latest TIS2000 software, and evaluate the intake pop or hesitation.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
definitly dont have that one, there were also a few other codes as well but remember the number, havin to do with low voltage

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Well take that bulletin in to them and they should do the flash for you. I don't know how much it is helping out, but it can't hurt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
called EDGE today,said they have had some trouble with the early lly juice box and wanted me to send it back, but could not garante that was my problem

·
Registered
954 Posts
it is definatly not the egr stuck open.truck would not build boost with egr stuck open as this is what happened to my truck.but could be a weak spring in the egr allowing it to jump open under hard boost

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If the Edge is V1.0 then that is part of it, BUT the GM programming update is also recommended.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had the same problem

When I owned my Ford w/ Juice w/ attitude.....when I would let off the foot feet it would backfire in the intake....I sent it back to Edge and had it updated and when I got it back it was fine.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts