Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct anything I say if I'm wrong because I am a newb to the duramax.

The new LLY motor is 310hp 575tq from the factory. From looking at dyno numbers from the older dmax, I think they averaged about 240hp and 420/30tq at the rear wheels and were rated 300hp 525 tq.

My question is, did the Allison get any upgrades to handle the extra power? I think the juice w/attitude is a 125hp and 250tq on stage 5. With the extra 10hp and 50 ft/lb will that push the Allison over the edge? (no pun inteded lol)

Are any of you running the LLY worried about transmission damage once they come out with the tuning equipment for the LLY motor? I realize above I posted the juice numbers from the current Juice w/ attitude and there isn't one out for the LLY but I'm assuming it will be AT LEAST that much for the stage 5.

I think thats all I can think of for now.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I can tell you that GM did change the Allison in the 2004 model year, both the LB7 and new LLY got the upgrade. The difference is the LB7 didnot get the new TCM upgraded software and the LLY did. I donot think the Allison is going to hold more power event with the upgrade. In our testing we are not seeing any improvement for power holding but for a cooler running transmission. What they have done is added a line pressure control valve. The only thing it does is lower line pressure from where it was previously. The max pressures are still the same as before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts