Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a lot of PM's wondering about the twin set-up and justifying the cost as a performance option.

Kind of hard to do, when they bring up the times that McRat and Kat run with stock turbos.

So, I'm wondering about other LLY 1/4 mile times on #2. I don't read much about times from others, I know there are a bunch of hopped up LLY's.

It's sunday morning and no racing until April, so I'm trying to get my fix on the board.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I don't have much to go on since I've never been to the track.

According to my G-tech the best I've run is 13.7 and that is at 7000lbs with PPE Hot (not +2), VA and boost stick. That was without lower torsion bars and just a modest boosted launch. If I had to guess I think with my EFI Live and at the track the best I could squeeze out of it is a 13.5 but that is completely a guess.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
By just looking at your MPH Rob, you can tell you have a mid-12 second truck if not faster. Blue is "heavy truck" and goes 103, Casper is a "light truck" and goes 105.

You are certainly making the power, and when you get the shifting sorted out, you will easily be the quickest #2 LLY around.

if you do it before I tweak Casper up...:D

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pat,

I didn't mean to have a look at my truck thread, just wondering how the LLY's are doing in general.

Good luck this year, you've already put the whoopin' on (most all)the LB7 boys on fuel, I'll be rootin for ya'.

Rob

·
Registered
274 Posts
what other mods do you have turbo lcc?
exhaust/BS ??

·
Registered
274 Posts
what do stock lly's run 1/4

·
Registered
274 Posts
whats a good avg of what a lly will run with edge j/a level 3?
basiclly power levels a stock tranny can hold
how muchh do BS and FS really help in 1/4 times?
TIA

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
whats a good avg of what a lly will run with edge j/a level 3?
basiclly power levels a stock tranny can hold
how muchh do BS and FS really help in 1/4 times?
TIA
Around 14.4 and above in an extend cab SB pending track, elevation, driver, and truck configuration.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
How much does elevation really effect a turbo diesel? I figured the turbo would pressurize the air enough it wouldn't really make as much of a difference as a N/A gasser. My times were done at a little over 3k feet. Would racing closer to sea level really have made much of a difference?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
How much does elevation really effect a turbo diesel? I figured the turbo would pressurize the air enough it wouldn't really make as much of a difference as a N/A gasser. My times were done at a little over 3k feet. Would racing closer to sea level really have made much of a difference?
It makes a difference but not as bad as a N/A. You would most likely see .2 to .3 closer to sea level.

Tracks very also. My truck is .2 quicker at HRP in TX. then at Fontana, CA.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hmm, interesting. I wish I had been able to take my old Z28 to a sea level track. It ran a stock 13.4 something at the same track. That was with minimal prep and street tires. Might have been able to get 12s out of that car at a good sea level track.

I thought .2 to .3 is how much an N/A car would lose to that elev. I figured I was looking at maybe .1 or so on my truck. I guess, theoretically, that would put me at mid 15s on my truck.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Josh. our times posted are at the same track(firebird). Last time I went to a sea level track, my truck was over .3 faster. I think it was also a fast track.

Tracks can make a big difference. I might make a drive this spring to a sea level track to see what the truck is really capable of now.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Haven't ran a qtr ............but mine ran a 10.09... 1/8th with a Hypertech on Level 3 , 4" cat back and air filter kit ! I haven't ran it with the Predator yet !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.