Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Which one to get.....please help.....need to order soon.....:driver:
I assume you mean LMM? Most tuners seem to think the stock LMM intake is good for 500+ rwhp, are you going beyond that?

Jody

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Do a little reading here first....Its been discussed thousands of times over the last several years. You may be surprized at what you find already in this section.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Do a little reading here first....Its been discussed thousands of times over the last several years. You may be surprized at what you find already in this section.
i agree. sometimes keeping a stock box and using a drop in filter is your best bet. lol this coming from someone selling aftermarket intakes.

but if your gonna do a full system i'd look into AEM they use a dry filter and the dealer will love that. also a dry filter will not only flow better but it will filter up to 98.4% efficent.

·
Registered
210 Posts
+1 on AEM. i got mine from 1lowdiesel!! :D

·
Registered
926 Posts
X2. Aftermarket intakes are a heavily advertised scheme to get your money. You have a turbo and it is going to suck what it can suck. Aftermarket flows air EASIER not more when the turbo gets thirsty, besides it has been proven that the oem filter with the PPE airbox mod will give you the same flow and holds way more dirt for longer periods of time than aftermarkets on an LMM. Do some research on this sight and you will see for yourself. Save your money and do your motor a favor.

·
Registered
211 Posts
use the stock one with the ppe mod
works well
have a s&b works ok but too me its a waste of money
i made that mistake won't do it again.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
As previous posters have stated, do a little research on this, and I'd start here.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I only gained 3.5hp on the dyno with an open intake and no filter after tunning.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Intake kits are NOT for peak HP. The fact is, some aftermarket kits flow MUCH better than the stock unit. This results in quicker spool up and a small increase in power throughout the power band.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.