Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What small changes can I make to the McRat tune for a little more smoke without messing up the driveability of the original tune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
less boost maybe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
don't know what his tunes look like, but look for a "MAF limited" or "boost limited" injection quantity...set this table to something like 120 MM3. not sure how it'd do an a lly, but it makes my LB7 smoke like mad till its boosting...

good luck,
Mike
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
9,676 Posts
Are you looking for more power too or just more smoke? If you just want smoke, try dropping some timing out of it. For a real simple and easily reversible change, try limiting Maximum Timing globally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Kennedy;1590280; said:
Are you looking for more power too or just more smoke? If you just want smoke, try dropping some timing out of it. For a real simple and easily reversible change, try limiting Maximum Timing globally

Where do you do this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
why would you mess up a perfectly good tune for more smoke?
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
9,676 Posts
Krazykid;1590675; said:
Where do you do this?
In the spirit of give a man a fish, teach a man to fish:

Take a minute to familiarize yourself with the numerous timing tables. You'll see it there. Injection Timing Maximum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Kennedy;1590743; said:
In the spirit of give a man a fish, teach a man to fish:

Take a minute to familiarize yourself with the numerous timing tables. You'll see it there. Injection Timing Maximum.

OK thanks. Just did not know which tables were "global " and which were "local." At least I will eat one more time huh?;) Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
gotbanks?;1590684; said:
why would you mess up a perfectly good tune for more smoke?
It sounds like he wants to modify his truck, just like you and I did ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
sweetdiesel;1591409; said:
lly = b0921




because he can :D
I'll look tomorrow!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Kennedy;1590280; said:
Are you looking for more power too or just more smoke? If you just want smoke, try dropping some timing out of it. For a real simple and easily reversible change, try limiting Maximum Timing globally

Can you do any harm if you take out to much timing? I was going to try taking out 2 deg then try 4deg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,099 Posts
minytrker;1594951; said:
Can you do any harm if you take out to much timing? I was going to try taking out 2 deg then try 4deg.

try going with 0.5* at a time, learn to walk before you run ;)

this is advice for any changes you make
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
9,676 Posts
minytrker;1594951; said:
Can you do any harm if you take out to much timing? I was going to try taking out 2 deg then try 4deg.
Stepping the timing down isn't nearly as dangerous as up. You'll lose power and gain smoke though.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top