Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where'd you find all this stuff? Can't wait for '87...my favourite year for GMCs

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Where'd you find all this stuff? Can't wait for '87...my favourite year for GMCs
Searching for uploads to add to the FAQ's, kinda tripped over it as a link in old posts.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
I didn't want to clog up those threads with questions so I started this thread...

First, it looks like a suburban could have come with a standard trans..
I have never seen one, anybody here seen one?

Car-part shows interchange on them so I guess GM must have made them.
Gotta be one of the rarest of the squarebodies...

·
LLY Guy
11,949 Posts
Love that body style, one of my favorites.
Cool old sales books, I have a box of car brochures in the closet that I've picked up over the years. Probably dates back to sometime around '88

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Thanks, for discussing all in one thread.

No, I've never seen one, lots of K5's but no Subs.

Well, off to finish uploading the last ones, and link them in the FAQ's :Insane:

·
LLY Guy
11,949 Posts
Just happened to notice the turn signal stalk in post #4 of 1988 , it's almost identical to the one on my truck. I guess GM figured if something works then why change it.
And the Safari brings back memories, my parents had a brown on brown '88 that was their first true family vehicle. It replaced one of 2 Broncos they had at the time, one of which replaced the Ford LTD I was brought home from the hospital in. Think it was a '77 or '79.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Never seen one either. Now I've seen a 5 speed Safari van, those are uber rare and actually driven one.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Hooo ya!!! Thanks for posting that!!!

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
I can say this Rich, just made my square addiction worse than it already was.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
A buddy had a 3/4 ton burb 86 87 maybe it was 454 4spd.

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone ever seen a bonus cab? Crew cab without the rear seat?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have seen a 4 speed suburban. Saw a 73 and a 91. They do exist but I wonder if they were special order.....

Here is a build thread on one. On a side note for anyone who has not checked out the 73-87 section on 67-72chevytrucks you really should. Probably the largest group of data on these but not much for 6.2 stuff.

Polar Bear Suburban - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Never seen a bonus cab (crew with out the rear seat) but I have seen the extended cab. The extended cab was not factory. Most where done by a conversion company out of TX i believe and most where ordered by the rail road.
Another Extended cab

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
On a side note for anyone who has not checked out the 73-87 section on 67-72chevytrucks you really should. Probably the largest group of data on these but not much for 6.2 stuff.
That's a good link, its been in the FAQ's for a long time, but unfortunately, most people don't see it.
Consequently, I'm updating the FAQ's with specific pages on manuals, so they are easier to find. That link is one of the sources.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
The trouble with 67-72 is there isn't a tech section, and it's tough to find info on particular repairs.
The Diesel conversion section is pretty good though..

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
The trouble with 67-72 is there isn't a tech section, and it's tough to find info on particular repairs.
The Diesel conversion section is pretty good though..

When I'm done, or FAQ's should have the best info around. I've already found PDF's on rebuilding all our auto trannys.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
When I'm done, or FAQ's should have the best info around. I've already found PDF's on rebuilding all our auto trannys.
TH350 Too? I may need that one :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
When the gmt 400 series came out in 88 it must have been the hot $%&#. The design was so radical compared to the old squares it replaced. GM was really on top of their $%&# back in the day. The square has stance and style for the rancher or miner. The gmt400 is modern and refined like a stock broker. Both trucks are symbols that represent their own era of history and culture.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts