Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been a year and I need to clean the 89 Silverado intake carbon build up but looks I can not get the liqui moly in the us? Last year purchased from Amazon. Searching only option was from Germany or Russia at basically $50 a can. This is a non-turbo early 1989 6.2 diesel. What are my alternatives, what is being used now? Any help is appreciated. Rich

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Do you mean Diesel Purge?
I can never find it around my area so I just order some off Ebay.
You can usually find it for $15 with shipping

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Ditch the egr and you won’t have that problem.

Best way to clean it is to pull the intake and clean it off the truck so all that twinky ... my pet name for all that crap which is as good for your engine as a twinky is to you .... doesn’t go through your cylinders !!!

The intake gaskets are reusable if they don’t rip

We can walk you through doing a block to the egr or complete removal or an intake change to a non egr intake that will make you more power and a bit of fuel mileage .... for a price of 1-2 cases of your us beer .... your call

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
We can walk you through doing a block to the egr or complete removal or an intake change to a non egr intake that will make you more power and a bit of fuel mileage .... for a price of 1-2 cases of your us beer .... your call
More power? More mileage? Beer? Ooohhh I'm in! :rolleyes::thumb:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Aztrucking; bigboytoys is right. If you want to clean something... pull it and clean it. Mineral spirits, paint thinner and acetone are your best friends.

Remove the egr.

:thumb: it's pretty easy...

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Ya find a 6.2/6.5 non egr intake and bolt it on ... but be careful shopping as hummer intakes are a lil different and the most common you’ll find

They are lower on the top section but you can fab a 4-6in spacer and the other tell is the air cleaner studs are re clocked 90 degrees.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Liquid moly is a german company known for adding molybdenum to oil.
The lifter additive works ok for me, don't know personally about the rest.
Pushing dirt into an engine , not out questionable.
If i could get non EGR parts that's what I'd fit.
Import duty, postage is a pain...

Reactions: Bigboytoys
1 - 7 of 7 Posts