Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Except for the Dual Turbo Charger, it looks like a LBZ. Especailly interesting is how they refer to the ability to handle MORE Exhaust Gas Circulation. Like the customizers won't fix that with the first tuner! It's 350HP/650Lb/Ft. Intersting reading though.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/bulletins/2007psd.php

·
Registered
702 Posts
you would think with a new engine design they would try to beat GMs numbers, but I guess not, so the LBZ is still king of the stock hp wars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Try to beat LBZ's numbers, not a chance. Before they can even think about being on top of the HP/TQ wars, they need a good reliable engine to start with. With the problems with the early 6 liters, Ford can't afford to release another flop.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Noticed that the new engines have a particle filter in the exhaust-:t .

·
Registered
363 Posts
"Injectors located inside valve covers for quieter ride and idle"

Seems I remember another manufacturer doing this then abandoning the design. Who was that? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just hope it turns out better then the 6.0 did. There are a few good 6.0s out there, but there sure are alot of bad ones too. Hopefully they get it right this time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
"Injectors located inside valve covers for quieter ride and idle"

Seems I remember another manufacturer doing this then abandoning the design. Who was that? :rolleyes:
It works fine on the Cummins, why can't it work on this?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I would bet the tranny is limiting them to 350hp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will bet it is another Boat Anchor

I hope Ford tested this one well.If Bosch had trouble with this system how would an American company get it rite LOL! FORD= :badidea:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hm...... I am just going to *tag* this topic for later reference.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
reduced smoke... lmao Who wants that? :muahaha:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Try to beat LBZ's numbers, not a chance. Before they can even think about being on top of the HP/TQ wars, they need a good reliable engine to start with. With the problems with the early 6 liters, Ford can't afford to release another flop.
Couldn't agree more. More power does no good sitting on a lift half of the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts