Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is new to me because my dealer told me he knew very little about these trucks! But on side roads that arent in good shape this truck feels a little stiff, but on the intrastate the ride is ok. I know how to adjust the seats, but took tires & rims off and my air ride baloons were very tight, they were as tight as my tires, if you hit them with youre fist. Is this mormal or is there a adjustment on them for a little softer ride? Truck is a 06 with the Ping air tanks. Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
367 Posts
On the Link Ultra Ride System, the presure in the Air Springs is a factor of the "Design Height".

The Design Height is the distance from the bottom to the top of the Air Spring itself, and is specified in the installation instructions.

On the original Ultra Ride, the Design Height (Air Spring Height) is 7.7 Inches. On the Larger Air Springs, when used on the original Ultra Ride I believe the Design Height is 8.25 Inches. On the 2006+ Ultra Ride the Design Height is 11.1 Inches.

While you might be able to lower the height (and therefore the pressure in the Air Spring) SLIGHTLY, you must be careful that you do not cause chaffing of the Air Spring itself.

Hope this helps.

George

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.