Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting the tranny done in March ! I will bump my Predator up to 100........rarely tow........never will sled pull.........went to the track once in 2 years !!

After talking with the guy that's going to do the install..........I think I am just going to use the 1056 convertor and not worry about the 1057 !!

But he is pretty ademate that I should get a deep pan put on while I am at it !! I just can't see me needing one..........my tranny has never been close to being hot "stock" !! Should I get one...........I can see already that it is going to add up to more than I originally expected.......and could go up real easily with different convertors, extra brackets, coolers, deep pans, etc. !! I am trying to stick around $3500 !!

·
Registered
302 Posts
The deep pan and deep suction filter may cost you $80 and additional 4 quarts or so of Transynd for another $30 from an Alli dealer. That is really nothing compared to the cost of the upgraded tranny. The gasket is totally reusable so a new one should not be needed. It is a really easy job to do yourself. How much is your installer asking to put it on?

More quantity of oil, the less dirty it gets sooner, the more oil the better the heat dissapates.

Drain the pan. Drop the pan. Pull off the old suction filter and the new one slides right back in place. Put new deep pan on. Fill with oil.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't planning on anything but just a standard SCIII kit !! But talking to this guy we immediately went into other accessories !!

All things said and done........ he really thinks I need the deep pan and wants $200 to install it along with the SCIII kit .......and really he wants to add some type of extra bracket for support on the rear of the tranny but said it was optional.......just a "must" to him (extra $200) !! I just don't see why I need it !!

He is completely in line price wise on the kit and install besides the other stuff !!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If your not planing to Race the truck you do not need the bracket of the 1057 converter. As far as the deep pan goes just use the deep pan from Allison and filter that goes with it. I think they are about $90 for the pair through an Allison dealer. The stock cooler will work just fine for what you've said your going to do, but a bigger one can be added later if you change your mind.

·
Registered
80 Posts
what is the installer charging for installing the scIII (parts and install)
not being nosy im considering going the same rout with my truck and just wanted to know the damage of the complete install of the scIII

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
cbm;1568216; said:
I wasn't planning on anything but just a standard SCIII kit !! But talking to this guy we immediately went into other accessories !!

All things said and done........ he really thinks I need the deep pan and wants $200 to install it along with the SCIII kit .......and really he wants to add some type of extra bracket for support on the rear of the tranny but said it was optional.......just a "must" to him (extra $200) !! I just don't see why I need it !!

He is completely in line price wise on the kit and install besides the other stuff !!

The t- case bracket is just for peace of mind, but you only want to be under there once. I say go ahead with the bracket. Also ditch the deep pan idea, the money can be better spent on one of Mike L's coolers. They are awesome. Search for mike l cooler and look at all the great feed back.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have checked with 2-3 places and the kit runs about $2500 and install runs around $1000 !

I am going to tell him to just use my stock pan for now !!

As far as the transfer case bracket............I don't do any major off roading ...........just some muddy hunting club road is about it !! Do you guys see or hear of a lot of problems with not having the transfer case bracket on it ??? Seems like they would come with one if it's a big problem !

·
Registered
534 Posts
CBM - your stock pan will be fine for now, if at servicing time you feel you'd like a deep pan go with the Allison factory deep pan.

The transfer case brace (TCB) may not be necessary, but you only hear of problems when transmission extension housings crack. Take a look under your truck and see how the transfer case just hangs off the back of the transmission--doesn't look to sturdy does it? I view the TCB as cheap insurance especially if your off in the woods hunting.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I agree cooler and tcb that transfer case is just hanging by a thread .............. I need both :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts