Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am planning on buying an 1983 GMC 2500 4x4, it already has a bed liner, 6 in. suspension lift and a 4 in. body life. it has soem major rust under the doors, and the frame has some surface rust! the body has lil spot of rust here and there non bigger than a dime, but my question is after i get rid of the body rust can i Line X the bottom 8 in. of my body instead of putting on rocker pannels, if so what is the best bang for you buck DIY or professional?? i want something cheap in cost but very dependable!

The future also has in store of Line X'ing the frame too, just not enough cash right now!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
you can certainly have it done for a small amount of money. If you cut corners and try doing it your self, it might pose a problem Personally I would do have it professionally done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My rockers are Line-Xed, I love it.I never measures it but I would say it is about 10 inches from the bottom.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've seen trucks with Line-x on the rockers and it looks very sharp! Make sure they prep it well. Just like they would for a paint job.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't do it yourself. Looks like crap.

Get it done professionally.

·
Registered
304 Posts
After seeing how they did mine I would never dream of trying to do it myself. You really do get what you pay for, especially when it is backed by a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a '90 Jimmy that I had the entire interior from firewall to tailgate Rhino Lined. I did a lot of the prep work myself, but had a dealer do the final prep and spray on the lining. There is no compaison between a do-it-yourself applied lining and a professionally sprayed on lining. A dealer will also gurantee his work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts