Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else had a "stuck servo" problem with this tuner or any similar hp tuner. It happens about the time it shifts to 5th and I don't even have it at WOT but it is pulling hard. Is the tranny weak (39k) or is the program just a little too powerful? Edited by: turboost

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
turboost said:
Has anybody else had a "stuck servo" problem with this tuner or any similar hp tuner. It happens about the time it shifts to 5th and I don't even have it at WOT but it is pulling hard. Is the tranny weak (39k) or is the program just a little too powerful?

None of the above IMHO. The problem is trans management, or lack thereof with the program...

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Kennedy said:
turboost said:
Has anybody else had a "stuck servo" problem with this tuner or any similar hp tuner. It happens about the time it shifts to 5th and I don't even have it at WOT but it is pulling hard. Is the tranny weak (39k) or is the program just a little too powerful?

None of the above IMHO. The problem is trans management, or lack thereof with the program...

You hit the nail on the head John... the power pup does not defuel to allow the trans to apply the next gear... try to ease off in 5th and on the 4-5 upshift.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anybody else have this problem with 100hp tuners? Also I am getting the 0746 code...the stuck solenoid one. Would running a chip as well (low hp) help this problem (for the defueling)?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just sold an 03 that I ran a HYPERTECH in the 96HP mode most of the time. When towing, I put in the low setting. Never a problem, and I gassed it a lot.

One of the reasons I ordered another HTech for my 04. I don't have to have the fastest truck in town and I definitely don't want problems like yours. I've used several HTechs on cars as well and never had a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts