Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i hooked up to the 5k sled trailer and at the lights i open it up, when it shifted to third i felt a hard clunk, and the tranny was limped, codes that showed up were 0700, 0730, not good,

as it shifted two third it was spinning and i think this could of maybe set it off, it has been working flawlesly till now, not sure what to do with it now, will it just get worse or what, thought i was still in the safe hp zone, upgrade is
four months old

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If it was spinning and all of a sudden grabed...especially with the extra weight of the trailer....I'd say the Allison saw it as not good and sent you to limp....just in case to keep something from happening. I'd say clear the codes and keep driving it.....

Depending on what box you were running at the time.....I know similar things have happened....hard on the throttle and hit a big bump, slight wheel slip.....but I have the Juice and it automatically pulls the power down...you can definetly feel it. If you were running something that did not monitor this, it could be why you got limp mode.Edited by: BIG DIPPER

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will give her another try to night, hope i did not do any cpac damage as a stock tranny ussally has done once limping has occoured

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I would say you could have done more damage if you felt it slip and did not go into limp as oppsed to it going limp all of a sudden.

For what it's worth, my clutches were burnt and I could only feel it slip....never saw limp mode once.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Plus it sounds like the gear change was never made.....so I doubt there is any damage at all........but don't hold me to it.

Edited by: BIG DIPPER

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you sound very positive, hope you are correct, just love driving it with the stack, put my gauges in the other night finnally, egt are reaching up to 1750 degrees, and boost pressures are up to 28psi, i have drove this stack very hard so far and have not seen any tranny hickups so far, hope it a fluke as well, thanks dipper

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Wasn't it a whole lot more fun to floor it before, with out the gauges and not having to see those high egt's

I know it was for me! Now I'm cringing by the time I'm in 4th gear.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya, i new it was going to disapoint me with those temps, to bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.