Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has gone into limp mode twice in 2 days!! Once when I was in extreme setting after a floored it and then this morning when I started it and went to pull out. It was on the stock setting this time. All I have to do is clear the dtcs on my outlook monitor and shut the truck off and restart it and it's is all good. Is there any reason it seems to be doing this now?

·
Registered
410 Posts
What tune were you running I have had this happen numerous times when I was flooring it and its was because my tune was demanding so much fuel the truck wasn't able to supply it. What code did it throw? Sounds like time for lift pumps

·
Registered
160 Posts
yep i had to ask the same question, ended up being my fuel filter. lift pumps are next

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hadn't check the code yet I just reset it with the outlook but I will check this next time. I started it up this morning at -7 and let warm up and then pulled out and went right into limp mode! Cleared DTCS just to make it home and was fine, but I didn't get to check the code yet. So you think it might be the fuel filter? What about the tranny filter? I have to leave for new york this morning so I hope in makes it through the week untill I get back home for the weekend!

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
More than likely you need a lift pump to run the extreme setting. You are demanding more fuel than the stock pump can produce so it chokes for fuel and shuts down. A few others have had this issue and IIRC lift pumps did solve this problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yea, after i limped mine i put it back to the stock setting becuase i was afraid it was the trans... then in limped in the stock setting. i changed the fuel filter, truck runs great and i havent limped it again since.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's what I will have to do then thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well changed the fuel filter and went down the road and seems fine. I will find out for sure cause I have to leave to go to new york in a few hours. I will let you know if that took care of it for sure. Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sweet deal. what part of Pa are you in?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live about 50 minutes west of state college. Well got up here in new york and put about 300 miles and no problems, even had it on extreme and floored it. Problem solved must have been a dirty fuel filter or started to gel up. Had 5000 miles on the old filter. Thanks guys all good now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts