Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My park lights and dash lights wont turn off. I had to unhook the batts to keep them from going dead. All was working fine when the wife parked the truck then about 20min later the park lights came on and I cant get them to turn off. Any thoughts? Im thanking maybe the switch went south.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
pull the relay in the elec box under the hood and check the relay itself as well as the terminals in side the plug. use the headlight relay right next to the park light relay to see if its the relay. if they still come on check somewhere else. try pullin the dash cover to get at the headlight switch to disconnect the plug/harness from the switch. if still no luck - its gonna be a long night with a flash light, good elec meter and a couple of beers hunt'n and a pok'n

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally figured it out. I have a short in the factory TRL wire harness somewhere. I pulled the fuses for the R TRL TRN and the front park and dash lights turned off. and when I pulled the TRL Park fuse the rear park lights turned off. So I just pulled all the TRL fuses and all is working like it should.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
weird - i could have swore the trailering fuses and harness was seperate from the truck/body stuff. but hey if it works for now cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.