Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason there is no light under my hood? I have never seen a vehicle with no light. Itmakes it a pain in the ass to plug my truck in at night.

·
Registered
241 Posts
mine dont have one either, and know EXACTLY what your talkin bout. cant see $hit!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yes there is a reason.... It cost money! SO to keep bottom line looking better they are taking the little things out and hope you don't notice them until after you have it home..

I use to love the light that came with the cord reel!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i installed a classic reel lite that i got from one of the vendors on here :D . there is link on how to install in the doityourself thread.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You are correct, it is to cut costs at all costs. They took the glove box light out, and the key lock on the passenger side door. Makes you wonder what else they cut out of it. I can tell you that they sure cut the cost on the components, like the intermidiate steering shaft, encoder motor on 4WD, and the primary yoke on the drive shaft. All those went out in about 36,001 miles, and they didn't warranty one of them. Might get a Ferd next time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I run my block heater cord along the frame and zip tied it to the tow hook as many others have done. You have to caefully cut the tape on 1 inch black conduit and pull elc. cord out of it to get enough length. Then you no longer need to open the hood every time you plug truck in.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The issue is that you shouldn't have to go buy an underhood light. 2002 models have them with no problem. The 04's didn't have them either. I made the dealer give me an underhood light and I put it in myself. I called GM and complained. It just makes them look cheap and sub standard to me. My Ford had one on it and a glove box light. Funny how they can manage to put one on their trucks. GM better watch out, because if they loose their truck sales, they are doomed, because it is all that is keeping them going.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Might get a Ferd next time.
The issue is that you shouldn't have to go buy an underhood light. 2002 models have them with no problem. The 04's didn't have them either. I made the dealer give me an underhood light and I put it in myself. I called GM and complained. It just makes them look cheap and sub standard to me. My Ford had one on it and a glove box light. Funny how they can manage to put one on their trucks. GM better watch out, because if they loose their truck sales, they are doomed, because it is all that is keeping them going.
If all it takes for you guys to jump ship is a lousy under hood light, then you are beyond hope anyway!:confused:

As far as "Ferds" are concerned, Go for it! Good luck with the Powerjoke!

:lol:
Britt

·
Registered
403 Posts
With a 50k price tag who would mind a extra 10.00 for the light.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I use to love the light that came with the cord reel!
that was the best light ever because you could shine it on what you wanted and in the angle you needed it

·
Registered
826 Posts
Toyota will own GM within the next 10 years, either that or GM will be gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts