Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my truck to leave yesterday and low and behold the %^$^ses light came on again! Running fine but light is on:mad: . I'm about sick of this crapI spend more time at the dealership than I do driving thisCensored thang!

Tranny is starting to leak up front around radiatoror somewhere, and now this truck only has 3400 miles and it's about to find a new HOME:mad:

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Is this the same truck that you referenced here:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?p=913619#post913619

Have you put the cat back on? Removing the cat on an '06 will throw EGR codes, and on some (most?) trucks trigger the CEL/SES

PPE makes an EGR code eliminator for a little under $200. Install that and then you can block your EGR and enjoy cleaner oil.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yup

I'm about sick of this crapI spend more time at the dealership than I do driving thisCensored thang!

Tranny is starting to leak up front around radiatoror somewhere, and now this truck only has 3400 miles and it's about to find a new HOME:mad:
This "Thread" is endless... Are you talking about a GMC/Chevy or a Ford, or a Dodge...

No signature, no Pictures, no Description, other than "Moan... Moan...Moan...

You need to post some "Information" so the "Experts" can help you...

If you (really) want help. :exactly:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same truck have done nothing but straight pipe it.

It's an 06 LBZ CC 4x4, what more info do you need since you are an expert?
this is a new chevy and I'm thinking about trading it for a new ford! Not sure yet. but I guess thing are better where you are because mine is CRAP!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
So Listen...

same truck have done nothing but straight pipe it.

If you look at the other posts (in the Exhaust Section) you'll find people telling (you) : "If you eliminate the CAT you'll get "Codes". (CEL - Check Engine Light) AND... You might void your warranty... :eek:

It's an 06 LBZ CC 4x4, what more info do you need since you are an expert?
I'm not the/an expert... but there are "Techs" here who will help you... You should add some pictures to your "Garage", and Fill in your "Signature"... Without those (minor) things, some people may "think" you're a "Troll"... :rolleyes:

this is a new chevy and I'm thinking about trading it for a new ford! Not sure yet. but I guess thing are better where you are because mine is CRAP!!!

There is "Help" with real problems... down to "Who to call at GM", with phone numbers... If the Dealer won't help you perhaps someone here will... I've seen other posts by you and you've never come back with "Thanks, I did that, but..."

Your turn... :exactly:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the cat is still on my truck dur to the fact that all the dealers in my area have told that if i take it off they will either void my warranty or not work on the truck. And I have tried to post pictures on my garage and tell about the truck but they never seem to come up or post to the garage! As you can tell i'm sort of computer illiterate. But can take care of a diesel unlike what the dealer told me that "you must not know how to care for a diesel"! Sorry I seem crappy but I am so sick of the problems with this truck, my 05 LLY was never in the shop. Wish I had it back!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and now when I shut the truck off I can hear the belt Sqealing, used to be able to hear the turbo wind down but not now!!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Hop on over to "User CP" at the top.
That's your profile.
On the left, select "Edit Signature"
Just put some basic information in there like

"Bob, 2006 3500 4x4 Doolie"
"Straight Pipe, PPE Duramaximizer, BullyDog Power Pup"
"Dubs wrapped with 355/25-26 Yokohamas"

That'll appear at the bottom of every message to give us a hint.
Also, fill in your location information (don't need to know the street, but a city/state would be nice)... that way we'll have an idea of what kind of temperatures you're dealing with, since some problems can be temperature-dependent.

As far as your current problems, the CEL/SES light is a useful tool. If you connect a code scanner, it will tell you what it will tell the dealer. It reveals a code, for example, a P1093 indicates low fuel rail pressure... likely due to a clogged fuel filter, but could be due to a hot tuner drawing more fuel than the pump can provide.

There's a lot of good information here and a lot of very smart people, but they need to know what you've got... they don't have a 500 mile long screwdriver :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Remember though if you, buy, or take it to someone to read the codes, the code reader must have the "candi module" in order to read the 06's.

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
belt squeek= motor stops before the belt, normal do a search
leak in front= gm got a bad batch of trans. cooler lines, known problem on all 06's not duramax specific, hoses are on national b/o, again do a search
cel= you changed the exhaust, if that is what the code is, what does the truck have to do with it?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
HD90rider that that me a stock ODBII code reader like Scan Gauge can not read the 06s?????
http://www.scangauge.com/
Best to verify before purchase.
The new BullyDog Power Pup can connect directly, but as with all programmers, it may not be able to read ALL codes, and likely will not be able to read any transmission codes beyond the P0700 that gets set in the ECM when the TCM throws a code.

It should be able to pick up EGR codes that would result from removing the cat, and fuel/oil/air temperature codes resulting from running the block heater when it's above "0".

·
Registered
641 Posts
This should beable to reset as many codes as just a basic hand held scanner right.. I would need a Tech II to read all of them..

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I've heard that handheld scanners MAY be able to read more codes than some programmers. I don't know how complete the Predator might be compared to the BD, but at least for the time being, the BD is the only programmer available.
Of course, the programmer (or Tech-II) can not only read but also clear codes... but of course, the Tech-II and CANDi module cost well more than the price of a couple of programmers.

I don't know if the scangauge can even communicate with the '06. They switched to the 32-bit ECM, and now use the CAN interface rather than GMLAN... different baud rate now.

It's a safe bet that a Scangauge purchased in 2005 will not work. Whether the new ones have been updated for the '06, only they know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts