Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what is the best for the price to level and lift my 250, I would like to go 4" only for looks mostly but would like to get the nose level... Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most people give the nose 1" more then the rear. As far as pricing goes that depends a lot on your area. Once the lift is done make sure you take it into an alignment shop and have the axles checked to make sure the driveshafts are not twisted. Have a ton of people that get lifts then don't rotate the axles at all to compensate. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
who makes a Topic: Lifting 2000 F250 HD. I know that ford makes the F250 super duty and Chevy and dodge are 2500 HD and heavy duty. But you are talking about a crazy combo. If this is a chevy just do the torsion bars 100.00 lift and re allign. Save about 2,000.00.

·
Registered
290 Posts
noproblem said:
who makes a Topic: Lifting 2000 F250 HD. I know that ford makes the F250 super duty and Chevy and dodge are 2500 HD and heavy duty. But you are talking about a crazy combo. If this is a chevy just do the torsion bars 100.00 lift and re allign. Save about 2,000.00.

But he said he wanted to go a 4" lift..now I know a 4" lift for a 250SD is around $800-$1000 and a 2500HD is $1600-$1800...so how is someone saving $2000???

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Depending on the lift he gets. I am currently shopping for a lift for my truck 6". The price ranges from 2,700.00 to 3,700.00 before tires. If he adds tires he is looking at a minimum of 180.00 per. Rancho has a 4" for the 2500hd that is 2,300.00 installed. Plus a set of tires that would make it 3,020.00 plus tax so he would actually save 2,920.00 if you are talking real numbers. Since he said he wants to level out the front end and I have cranked my tortion bars. I suggested he do th esame and save the money on the lift. 4 inch does very little as far as look on the 2500hd in my opinion. But since it is a Ford. But I was at 4 wheel parts today in Dallas and a 4 inch on a ford is like a 6 inch on a HD. Looks very good I must say. I have no idea of the price so I am not able to help with that. I was confused to the kind of truck he drove.

·
Registered
290 Posts
But what I'm saying is you can't raise the Torsion bars on a Chevy and get 4" of lift... if all a person wants to do is Level a truck (a Ford Superduty) is simple put a leveling lit on it roughly around $200 (+/- some change)

After reading your post I understand what your saying about saving the money. When I read it the first time I misunderstood what you said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts