1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has the 6" lift and I noticed that the stock jack does not
have the height to lift the truck. Some things I'm thinking of
doing is to bring wood blocks for added lift or get an onboard
air compressor and bring tire plugs :) So, what do you guys do?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Leave your truck on the side of the road,go home and get the floor jack,then change 2 tires so you dont screw up the locker.Pain ita!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Leave your truck on the side of the road,go home and get the floor jack,then change 2 tires so you dont screw up the locker.Pain ita!
I would hate to have to drag my 150lb long frame farm jack all the way back to where ever my truck is:eek: . I think the wheels would wear down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I carry a large wood block and a compressor. I'm wearing 37's on 17 inch rims. I have beadlocks, so I can remove the tire and use a patch.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I would hate to have to drag my 150lb long frame farm jack all the way back to where ever my truck is:eek: . I think the wheels would wear down.
You gotta call and wake up a buddy at 3 in the am to give you a ride and a bunch of ****e about a 35 in. tire getting a flat from a roofing tack..

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I carry a large wood block and a compressor. I'm wearing 37's on 17 inch rims. I have beadlocks, so I can remove the tire and use a patch.
Are they DOT approved, if so what kind are they?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I use a 20 ton bottle Jack and a piec of a 6x6. keep them in the tool box in the back.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
10 ply tires and fingers crossed. :D

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I always have a handyman jack and blocks in my truck. A small bottle jack or small floor jack is good too.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
highlift jack and get a used tire and rim package that works with what you have
Wont a handy man jack destroy a new truck wherever you put it?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
You can lift the entire rear by the hitch if you go high enough.. Tippy though. In front you can use the tow hook maybe...

·
Registered
54 Posts
can you fit a 35in tire on the spare that is mounted under the frame?

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Aaa

1 - 20 of 26 Posts