Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of MPG are you getting? Also state your lift height and tire size along with any gear changes and power mods. Edited by: y2kboti
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on fellas three days and zero replies. I know a hand full of you are running lifts and for those of you that aren't, well the same question still applies for those running torsion keys and larger tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
y2kboti,


I have cranked my TB's and I'm running the H2 chrome rims with 35" tires. I recalibrated my speedo with the Quad and run the 70HP tune. With 2500 miles on mine I got 18.5MPG on a recent 400+ mile trip @ 70-80MPH. I jsut returned from a 2000+ mile trip @ 70-80MPH but don't have access to check my mileage as I'm out of town on business but will post when I get home and can add up the fuel receipts. I suspect a slight increase in MPG. We'll see!


2DAMAX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
13 mpg in-town......17 highway. 35" tires 6"lift....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Well, I'm new to this forum but some of you may recognize me from TDP...I run a 6" ProComp lift with 37's. The last time I calculated mileage, city driving was 12.6 and highway was 15.3. That's down from pre-lift numbers (running 285's) of around 16 city and 21 highway! Yep, if you're looking to stay frugal on fuel, don't even consider a lift.



DMD
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,539 Posts
Welcome Diva.... I see it didn't take long from when the last guy mentioned your name till you joined. You are at least the second lady (if that's good with you) here with an HD.

I would say wind resistance of the higher truck and the larger tires together do a number on fuel consumption. Edited by: hoot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Diva,


Glad to see you made it over here. How are the Chubby RKII bars working out?


Hey Nick, Hoot... How about a Harley forum? I'll run a quart of #2 though it occasionally if that will make you happy...ok, ok, OK, never mind, enough off-topic . I'll shut up now.


Edited by: Professor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hoot:


Thanks for the welcome; yeah, BassinRver sent me an e-mail today about this site, so I had to check it out...and yes, the combination of lift and tire size/weight has really really pulled her down. I run the Hot Juice at level 3 for daily driving (I'm a little afraid of level 4 with the modified driveline angles..I sure don't want to experience any sickening snapping sounds from underneath!).


Professor:


I just LOVE the new Chubby bars...they've made a tremendous difference! To be honest, I've been considering selling the Road King since I got the new Chopper...guess I'm getting bored with it. Hmmm...may have to do some engine mods to it too!


DMD
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
735 Posts
DMAXDiva said:
Well, I'm new to this forum but some of you may recognize me from TDP...I run a 6" ProComp lift with 37's. The last time I calculated mileage, city driving was 12.6 and highway was 15.3. That's down from pre-lift numbers (running 285's) of around 16 city and 21 highway! Yep, if you're looking to stay frugal on fuel, don't even consider a lift.



DMD




D M D What have you done to correct your speedo?





My truck is being lifted right now as we speak, I will have it back by tomorrow P.M.
I have a predator to correct the speedo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
D-N-D:


I had the dealer calibrate for 285's (which was the tallest tire they could accomodate at the time)...haven't done anything else yet. If I remember correctly, the effective gear ratio has also been dropped to around 3:30 from the stock 3:73, which has also had a huge impact on performance. Honestly, the 90hp level 3 setting is a must for daily driving; without it this truck is a total slug now!


I may have to look into a Predator as well...please let me know how things work out with your new lift. Good luck!


Hey; I just noticed that you live in Cypress...any chance 4WParts is doing your lift?


DMDEdited by: DMAXDiva
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
735 Posts
DMAXDiva said:
D-N-D:


I had the dealer calibrate for 285's (which was the tallest tire they could accomodate at the time)...haven't done anything else yet. If I remember correctly, the effective gear ratio has also been dropped to around 3:30 from the stock 3:73, which has also had a huge impact on performance. Honestly, the 90hp level 3 setting is a must for daily driving; without it this truck is a total slug now!


I may have to look into a Predator as well...please let me know how things work out with your new lift. Good luck!


Hey; I just noticed that you live in Cypress...any chance 4WParts is doing your lift?


DMD

Kevin @ BNC offroad is lifting my truck I am going w/ the 10" 3rd.coast custom lift. http://3rdcoastsuspension.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DMAXDiva said:
Well, I'm new to this forum but some of you may recognize me from TDP...I run a 6" ProComp lift with 37's. The last time I calculated mileage, city driving was 12.6 and highway was 15.3. That's down from pre-lift numbers (running 285's) of around 16 city and 21 highway! Yep, if you're looking to stay frugal on fuel, don't even consider a lift.
Welcome aboard. Not frugal but I was hoping the Duramax wouldn't loose that many MPG like my 1/2 ton did. Wishful thinking I guess. Only thing is you said you were getting 16city/21 highway. That's impressive considering most guys are getting closer to 16-18 highway.
hoot said:
I would say wind resistance of the higher truck and the larger tires together do a number on fuel consumption.
Definitely! All you have to do is compare DMAX2DAMAX's MPG vs. the lifted crowds.
Diesel-N-Dust said:
Kevin @ BNC offroad is lifting my truck I am going w/ the 10" 3rd.coast custom lift. http://3rdcoastsuspension.com/
You should have checked out Bulletproof Suspension. I take it 3rd Coast Suspension is just a spin off of Whiplash and Full Throttle.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
735 Posts
y2kboti said:
You should have checked out Bulletproof Suspension. I take it 3rd Coast Suspension is just a spin off of Whiplash and Full Throttle.

I looked into all of the big lifts, Bullet proof, CST, Full throttle etc. etc.


The bulletproof and cst are a bit pricey.I got a real good deal on the 3rd coast.


Good eye, the 3rd coast kit is a 'hybrid' of the full throttle and whiplash kits, but it is a lot more stout, the 3rd coast kit weighs 100# more than a full throttle kit.


The other reason I went w/ this lift is it is made locally and it has a lifetime warranty, so if I have any problems the shop is close by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes both of those companies are expensive, can't argue with that.

Best of luck with the new lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
03 gmc 8000 miles never finished a tank without the lift kit.


6" procomp, 315's and best mileage to date is 14mpg (12mpg avg)


Stock gears + anxious and listening regarding speedo correction!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Wickedsprint said:
Diva, who is your front bumper made by, looking for something along those lines.

Hey there Wicked:


That's a RanchHand front-end replacement on my truck. If you're looking for something absolutely bulletproof, it's the ticket. Heavy though; be prepared for an extra 300 + pounds on the front end (I torqued the torsion bars before install, and the bumper was on when I lifted the truck).


One word of advice...do NOT bolt driving lights to the mesh grille; I bolted a big pair of Hellas on and soon found out what vibration will do to that relatively light-gauge grille screen!
Luckily, the lights didn't fall off, just dangled by the wiring...Don't worry though, the rest of the bumper is unbelievably stout.


Hope that helps...


DMD
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
735 Posts
lvcatfish said:
03 gmc 8000 miles never finished a tank without the lift kit.


6" procomp, 315's and best mileage to date is 14mpg (12mpg avg)


Stock gears + anxious and listening regarding speedo correction!




The Predator will correct your speedo. It will correct up to a 44" tire
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top