Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need to replace my shocks on my '03 2500hd but have run into a snag. im looking at bilstein b8 5100's and im being asked if my truck has a lift kit on it but i didnt buy it new and the previous owner died. i dont believe it is lifted but im wondering how to tell. is there a standard measurement from the ground or frame to somewhere that i can check? also it has 265/70-16 tires on it so not the original size. does anyone recommend another shock?
another issue is ive been told my injectors need to be replaced sooner than later(slight whiteish smoke at idle). i called the dealer and they said they dont believe it has ever been done but the recall ended in 2010 so i have to pay for it myself. does anyone have recommendations for new injectors so i wont have to do it again? i dont use it too often(just to tow the trailer) and put in Power Service Diesel Kleen & Cetane Boost in every other tank. it has only got 250k on it and in excellent shape and i would like to keep it as long as possible.
thanks in advance for any advice

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
Pictures can help determine if you have a lift.
Have you tried looking on the Rockatuo site for shocks? They show several choices available for your truck:

As far as Injectors goes,try contacting Brent over at Lincoln Diesel: Memorial Day Sale is Underway!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where would i take the pic of?
i did look at rock auto and there are LOTS to choose from, thats why im asking for peeps recommendations. was even thinking about adjustable ones but am wary without input
ill send him an email to see what injectors he recommends

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
where would i take the pic of?
i did look at rock auto and there are LOTS to choose from, thats why im asking for peeps recommendations. was even thinking about adjustable ones but am wary without input
ill send him an email to see what injectors he recommends
Pictures of the side of the vehicle showing the current stance it sits at and close-ups of the tire and wheel well with a measuring tape to show distance from tire to fender body

·
Administrator
15,996 Posts
From the looks of the pictures, the truck looks stock. Others may chime in also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts