Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lift Without Sagging While Towing

I've checked around alot and like the Rancho 4" lift the lets you use your Stock Tires. But the problim is i see trucks around with lifts but they sagging while towing anybody know a good way to fix that other than airbags? or are airbags the best way to go?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I like airbags. Leave them with the minimum air when not under load and put air in them while towing. The truck will ride like crap if you have a lot of air and no load...trust me, mine does!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
airbags are the way to go. While in the dunes, several people i see and talk to use airbags to tow, and get rid of the sag.

a couple of people i have talked to use timbrens, but they don't help the ride

·
Registered
14 Posts
i agree. airbags are the way to go.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Got my "AirLift" airbags from Camping World.
Like them very much-- can inflate until truck/5er are perfectly level.
See my garage for a picture of one installed. --Paul.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you don't want any sag, then you need to keep the 2-3" rake that your truck had/has when stock! That's exactly why the rear ends come higher than the front, to handle a payload. So if you are going to lift the tuck 4 inches, then lift the rear end 4 inches as well instead of just 2 inches to level it.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
If you don't want any sag, then you need to keep the 2-3" rake that your truck had/has when stock! That's exactly why the rear ends come higher than the front, to handle a payload. So if you are going to lift the tuck 4 inches, then lift the rear end 4 inches as well instead of just 2 inches to level it.
i have to agree with that. i hate the look of trucks that are raised, only to have the front end higher than the rear. makes it look like it has been riden hard and put up wet one too many times!!!:eek:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got air bags and love them...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Get the air bags. $200 or so from Summitracing.com. 20 min install. Air them up when towing to level the truck. Air them down to 5psi when empty and the truck will ride great. I've had them on my last three lifted trucks and wouldn't be with out them.

Chris

·
Registered
808 Posts
Exactly:ro)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Down here we prefer the "bulldog" look, front higher than rear. Of course some go a bit extreme both ways... I like 1/2" higher front, on a CCLB it's not too noticeable

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah I also had air bags on my lifted dually just for towing. I put a 4 " lift on the front, and 2.5" blocks in the rear, it sat level. When I hooked my trailer up I just pumped the bags up to level it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too like that look, but if you tow and don't have the means of lifting the rear back up it'll not only tow like crap, but look like a bull dog on drugs! Here's what my dually looked like with a 4 inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got to agree, air bags. I am agreeing without having lifted my truck, do not want to roll axle or otherwise lift my 5er. I have read too much negative about ride to lift, but do use Firestone bags, and would not tow without them.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i have to agree with that. i hate the look of trucks that are raised, only to have the front end higher than the rear. makes it look like it has been riden hard and put up wet one too many times!!!:eek:
having the rear higher on a lifted truck looks ugly and where i live almost everyone cranks the tbars to get the front en leveled out it just looks better IMO

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone I Think I'm going with the Bags

1 - 17 of 17 Posts