Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to have my oil pressure sending unit replaced and was recommended to a local mechanic cause I couldn't get the dealer to return my calls.
Anyhow, he changes out the sender and serviced my truck. Good work I'm happy.
On the ride back to his shop he asked if I had put a lift pump in. I haven't, my truck only has 71k miles. He said installing a lift pump could stop future problems with the main pump going out and costing about 4800 bucks to replace. he said a lift pump is about 1400. Does that sound right?

·
Administrator
16,716 Posts
A lift pump is needed to help prevent the CP4 grenade issue. If your CP4 grenades you are looking at a total fuel system replacement and costs of approx $12k
I would recommend you contact our Supporting Vendor, John Kennedy @ Kennedy Diesel: Kennedy Diesel
He has a single lift pump option that is easy on the wallet and he can offer you advice on the other upgrades to help prevent the CP4 failure

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like 1400 bucks for a system installed might be a little steep. I'm not looking for a budget fix but I don't want to break the bank either.
Is it common for these CP4 pumps to grenade?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
~ my truck only has 71k miles. He said installing a lift pump could stop future problems with the main pump going out and costing about 4800 bucks to replace. he said a lift pump is about 1400. Does that sound right?
I installed an AirDog II DF-100 on my 2015.

Order Details
Qty Product Price Ex Total Ex. Tax Price Inc Total Inc
1 x AirDog II-4G DF-100 | A6SPBC262 | Duramax LML Lift Pump 15-16 6.6L
$724.00
Total: $724.00

Pretty straight forward install, plus you get your garage floor buffed out with your back.... ;)
What year is your ride?

·
Administrator
16,716 Posts
Sounds like 1400 bucks for a system installed might be a little steep. I'm not looking for a budget fix but I don't want to break the bank either.
Is it common for these CP4 pumps to grenade?
Thanks
If you look at the Kennedy link I posted he lists a single pump kit for way less than $500 bucks.
$1400 is too much for a lift pump.
The CP4 grenade issue is common. Spending less than 500 bucks for a lift pump is great insurance against a $12k fuel system repair bill.
Again, call John and get his advice on the CP4 issue. He is a well used Supporting Vendor here and backs his products

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a 2011 2500 HD 4wd crew cab. I can't do the install cause if I got under the truck I'd have to call 911 to get me up. Getting too old to do that stuff anymore. I even have somebody else change the oil on my race truck. It's hell getting old but better than the alternative.

·
Administrator
16,716 Posts
You can use the "Community Search" located at the top of your screen to look in the LML section of the forum and read up on the numerous CP4 threads

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK Dually, how much do you think labor would be? As I said above I can't do it.

·
Administrator
16,716 Posts
OK Dually, how much do you think labor would be? As I said above I can't do it.
With Kennedy's single pump kit that includes everything it should take a couple of hours so guess $100/hr shop rate =$200

·
Registered
2007 classic gmc cc
53 Posts
tough part. quick connect at tank, do sen't quick disconnect well and fitting by oil filter, needed heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts