Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing my fuel pressure drop to 1.5 psi during acceleration, I added another lift pump to work with the previously installed unit (things are cheap enough at $160 each, which includes the filter too). Now I am seeing the pressure drop to no more than 3.5 to 4 psi during hard acceleration in stage 5 Edge. My neighbor and I both felt better tip in response too, especially right off idle. Starts immediately as well. Max pressure seems to be in the 6.5 to 7 psi range during cruise and idle, so I will probably get a large flowing fuel regulator from someone like Barry Grant, and limit it to 4 psi.

·
Registered
704 Posts
That is the best looking setup I have seen yet.
Do you have a way to know if one of the pumps fails? Where did you get them from for $160? Did you get all the fittings at the same place?Edited by: Amric

·
Registered
429 Posts
hasselbach,

Nice looking setup!
Could you give us a list of the fittings you used (brand, size, etc...) Been thinking about doing a lift pump and would like to get some good fittings (Parkers from Napa maybe?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice job!
Could you please let me know what lift pumps you are using and the specs as far as flow rates and where to get them from?

Thanks,

·
Registered
363 Posts
hasselbach - you are right on about Scott at Reliable Industries. Just ordered my FM 100 from him. You have set a really high standard for the install!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you find them to work as well as mine do. Here's a bit of advise, if you are using AN fittings (like I did with the push lock hose 1/2 inch and AN type fittings), get #8's to 1/4 pipe (I think its 1/4 pipe fittings in the FM100) and drill out the fittings the same diameter as the hose fitting (easier with aluminum than the steel fittings.) You can open them up quite a bit, and it will help flow more as well. Its pretty easy if you put on a straight hose fitting to the adaptor, and use it as a pilot as you drill out the fitting in a drill press. Use a new drill. I can take pictures and show you if you need them.

BRDmax, PM me and I can give you all the info, its also in another thread 'Air, where from', but here it is again..

Actually, you can find them on the Stanadyne web site. They are FM 100's. They flow 80 gallons per hour at about 6 psi. With one only, I would drop to 1.5 psi when I jumped on the throttle, then it would rise to about 3 psi during the fuel run. Now with 2, the pressure goes from 6 to 4.5, and stays there until I lift (no pun intended).

Truck starts immediately now.

I'm going to add a Autometer electric fuel gauge at the mega so I can keep an eye on the pumps. The pumps are easy to bypass by installing a one way valve in the system between the tank and engine that would only become active should both pumps fail (cleaner looking and better than installing a gate valve which requires manual input)

If you want to look closer to the FM 100's, call Reliable Industries at 504-733-4120, ask for Scott. He's pretty knowledgeable on the subject. I think their web site is reliableindustries.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.