Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dmaxalliTech, just read your fuel filter change article. Thanks for the info. It will be a big help next week when I change mine for the 1st time.

I just bought a '02 2500hd with 40k miles. My first diesel. I have read a lot of posts about additional fuel filters and plan to install a 2nd filter before long. You had mentioned that you have a lift pump in your fuel system. I would like to install a lift pump also. I have searched your forum but couldn't find any discussion on installing the lift pump.

Could you tell us how/where you installed yours? What parts you used? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dmaxalliTech. Another question on filtering fuel. My truck has a 50 gal Transfer Flow fuel tank in the bed. Could I achieve the same goal (cleaner fuel) by installing the filter between the Transfer Flow tank and the truck tank (the Transfer Flow tank pumps directly into the truck tank) and only filling the Transfer Flow tank?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
first, I dont think you really need a lift pump in your situation. I wouldnt want to see you spend the money on something not needed.

I have heard of people filtering the way you described and I think its a good idea, you can escape all the problems that may be associated with adding filtration with your local dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts