Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I mentioned in another thread that I wired up some LEDs to indicate when my TTS pumps turn on, and a couple of guys asked about it so I agreed to do a writeup on it.

I used some 22 ga hookup wire in three colors and a couple of snap in LEDs. I installed mine in a piece of plastic that was laying around and mounted it under my attitude monitor, but with snap in LEDs they could be mounted anywhere.

To hook them up just take the power wires from the LEDs and tie them together. Then tie one of each ground wire to each other color wire. You will then need to run your hookup wire out of the cab to the under hood area. I decided to tie my power wire to the power wire that runs back to the pump. I tied it in after the fuse because that way I know if my lights are on I am getting power to the pumps. I then tied one of each ground wire to each control wire coming from the TTS control box that runs back to the pumps (the purple and blue wires).

I'm not exactly the best at explaining things sometimes so if you are confused about anything please ask and I'll do my best to explain it better. Here are some pics of my setup and how it looks when the lights are on.

pump LEDs 001 (Medium).jpg

pump LEDs 003 (Medium).jpg

pump LEDs 004 (Medium).jpg

pump LEDs 005 (Medium).jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice job looks good.:grd:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Looks good. You PMed me and told me how to do it, but I still havent gotten around to it. I was just thinking today about where to put my LEDs. I dont want to take my a-pillar off again due to those pesky little bronze clips.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I think I'll install them in the overhead with my DSP5 switch. Thanks for the writeup.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Just did mine and took truck for a test drive. They work great, I love 'em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.