Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard I may have a hard time doing 500-550 rwhp without fuel mods. Don't want to spend 3K on dual lift pumps. How far will lift pumps take you?

·
Registered
402 Posts
serpa4;1546727; said:
Don't want to spend 3K on dual lift pumps.

Are you talking about the injection pump (CP3)? or lift pumps? Lift pumps shouldn't be 3K and are set up before the injection pump, to aid in getting the fuel to the high pressure injection pump (CP3). Dual CP3 set ups are used to move large volumes of fuel under high pressure to the injectors. PPE's kit is very worthy as is ATS's as far as CP3's go and Kennedy, Mcrat, and TTS all sell worthy lift pumps.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Lift pumps are totaly different from dual CP3s. You can get 500RWHP without dual CP3s but you will need a lift pump set up(dosnt matter what it is if its a dual kit from TTS or Kennedy or a single edelbrock etc)

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
The lift pump is the supply that moves fuel from the tank to the injection pump. Twin CP3's are 2 injection pumps. If you want to go there, plan on a turbo and a new short block will probably not be far behind...

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
To clarify I do NOT sell lift pumps, but I do recommend them for racing. Kennedy, TTS, FASS, SuperDiesel, Edelbrock 1792, Carter (not that reliable), are all proven performers. I do sell dual CP3 setups at special DP pricing.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
how do the ats lift pumps work?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are all correct. Looking for 500-550 RWHP on Kennedy Dual lift pumps, not dual CP3.
Guess it sounds doable. Thanks all.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,309 Posts
I was going to buy an edelbrock 1792 but it says it requires an external regulator. Is this true? seems like all the info on it refers to gas and alcohol

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
No regulator required. It's internally regulated to 12PSI, and only requires a regulator if you need 4-5PSI for a carb engine.

·
Registered
393 Posts
serpa4;1548384; said:
You are all correct. Looking for 500-550 RWHP on Kennedy Dual lift pumps, not dual CP3.
Guess it sounds doable. Thanks all.
I have been running tandem Kennedy lift pumps for about a year. They have worked great.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Mike L.;1548551; said:
The Kennedy pumps do a great job.
Kennedy Pumps?...SHEEP? :eek:

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If your looking for 500 RwHp then our recomendation would be for our dual lift pump kit. They will supply that no problem. Dual CP3 kit will support up to 1200 Hp so unless your going big the lift pumps will serve you well.

http://www.ttspowersystems.com/GM_Diesel_Fuel.html

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I have right at 100K miles on my Kennedy lift pump. I did an internal inspection about 23K ago before installing it on the 06. It had ZERO wear. I believe these pumps have the ability to outlast several trucks.

·
11,309 Posts
is the edelbrock bypass like a tts ? The way ratlover is saying one of those is about like two tts or kennedy pumps. are they any less safe,reliable or economical b/c they don't come with the electronics ?

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
Most any pump that uses gears or vanes (anything but centrifugal or diaphragm) will restrict flow in the event of failure. The metal to metal contact will create wear particles AND the nature of lubricity additives causes them to attract to the gears leaving less for the parts that really need it...

·
11,309 Posts
kennedy;1556847; said:
most any pump that uses gears or vanes (anything but centrifugal or diaphragm) will restrict flow in the event of failure. The metal to metal contact will create wear particles and the nature of lubricity additives causes them to attract to the gears leaving less for the parts that really need it...
so the edelbrock uses gears/vanes ?

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
JD4440;1558989; said:
so the edelbrock uses gears/vanes ?
a floating vane setup

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
IIRC the Edelbrock 1792 isn't a flow-through design. I may be wrong, someone could clear it up.
I have a single KD, and am pleased, will be adding a second soon.

·
11,309 Posts
Talked me out of that one. Guess I'll go with the TTS dual pumps. Taxes looked ok this year and I'm looking to have one of the "Quickest And Fastest Duramax Pickups" :D
Steve, did you say Huckstorf Diesel was a stocking dealer? I don't recall seing anything on their site but the billet pickup. Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.