Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at installing a lift pump and Fuel system on my 01 DMax Dually. Does anyone know which system or combination is the best? I am looking at the TTS combined with the Nicktane. The Nicktane comes with a mounting bracket, but from the installation instructions and pictures, it doesn't look like it will fit on a dually.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
i run the kenndy pumps and they are working great. i run 2 of them and have never had a fuel issue 8-9 psi all the time

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What type of secondary fuel filtration are you using? The MEGA fuel Filtration Kit that John KENNEDY sells seems to be a tight fit. I was leaning towards the Nicktane Fuel Filter.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also did you install the Billet Pump Pickup and Bulkhead kit when you installed the Kennedy Pumps?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
As far as I know there is no problems installing the Nicktane on a dually. The TTS setup will keep everything up out of the way and comes complete with everything in the kit to start with, no add-on needed to complete your install.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks... do you think that it is that advantageous to also install your fuel pickup system upgrade as well. If so, are all the upgraded fuels lines in the install kit 5/8"?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I am running the Nicktane with the TTS Dual pumps, I moved the Nicktaneto in front of the fuel cooler and pressurize the fuel through the CAT Filter.

I also have the Pick-up and Bulkhead kit and have no problems with fuel.

Click on my GARAGE to see a Pic of my set-up.

T:D NY

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I will go the same route you did. Did you make your own bracket for the Nicktane?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I had a new 3 piece bracket made at a local welding shop, one piece bolts to the frame and the secind piece holds the filter head, the last piece is the rock guard.

It cost me $20.00 to have the steel cut and bent.

I have more Pics if you want I can email them, just PM you email.

T:D NY

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Kennedy's all in one setup is hard to beat. I'd go that route if I had it to do all over again.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
We're not quite ready with production yet, but will have them soon. This will be the setup that Tomac uses as his primary feed. All fuel will run through this setup and then split to his OE and custom setups.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
catmenace

The fuel pickup reduces the restriction to the fuel system. If your not looking for every last little bit of power you can skip it. Our pump kits work great with or without it. For myself I have a problem leaving anything in place that I know causes a restriction as sooner or later it will bit you in the ass. If big power and longer life is what your after, change the pickup and be done with it. I put one in all of my personal trucks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
superdiesel has a good setup...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I am going to change everything as I feel the same way. Why not reduce as much restriction as possible.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where can I look at their setup?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks like a nice unit. Is that an AmsOil Fuel Filter?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
That is a custom filter. Yes, with my kit you will be limited to filters from me (or anything with a 1-1/2-16 thread) but filters will be available for reasonable ($15-$18 for std) and expensive ($50-ish) full synthetic media.

Micron availability:

3, 10, 25 micron
or
1, 3, 6, 12, and 25 micron synthetic

You will find that once you actually hold my products in your hand that pictures do no justice. Element size, machining quality etc are second to none.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I'd also like to add that the std Baldwin Mega elements will work (different thread) but the bleeder will hang down just below the frame. This is not a concern for most, as it's well above the trans X member etc, but if I promote it this way I know that I'll get crucified...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.