Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 4-5k needed to get the 19.5 wheel and tire package. Is a lift kit of any kind a necessity? I dont want to lift my truck up any higher than it has to be. I tow a 8000lb car trailer and dont want to create any towing height issues. I want to upgrade to a 44-48' gooseneck in the next year or so.

I was stupid enough to buy tires that dont fit my truck yesterday. so I am going to ask alot of dumb questions from now on. Sorry.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i have 245r70 19.5" on my truck you do not need to lift it. it is however the largest tire that will fit without a lift, 33.5"s tall to be exact.

john

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have Rickson Polished Eliminator 19.5 with 245 14 ply tires on a 2500 HD 4X4 SRW that has a 4" lift and there is tons of room for turning and agressive off road. Should work easily on a stock heigth truck that is level. 245/19.5 are considerably narrower than 285 or 305/16 and that aids the clearance. I am extremely happy with my Ricksons and 245's. Finally, I can carry a heavy load and get great tire mileage. Ride is also decent, as well. I'll let you know how they hold up as I am off to Mexico this week for a month of off road and exploring.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh

Do you have a dually?

·
Registered
84 Posts
anyone have pictures of SRW trucks with 19.5's on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts