Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into get a lift kit for the 2500HD duramax and it looks like the way to go is the RCD 6in kit and with 35 in tires. I see some people get 4.56 gears when they do this as well. I was wondering why. Also do u have to change anything liek extending cables or anything when doing a lift kit, i know on my 83 K10 when i lift it i had to get longer speedo and what not. Another question i have is can u go back to stock one u do a lift?

thanks

Dan

·
Registered
570 Posts
OCD Racing,

RCD is a great kit, the gearing at 4.56 would be fine if your going to tow heavy loads all the time, I feel it would be too much for 35's or 315's H2 tires, the 4.10 would be better if you realy want to regear. I have a buddy that has 35's and stock gearing (3.73) and pulls is boat every weekend all over the state with no problems. From what I have seen anything over 35's I would regear.

As for extending cables ect.. you shouldn't need to do anything but maybe move a bracket or two and the lift kit will include that.

For your last question; Yes but you will need to buy front diff housing, some new suspensions brackets and do some welding. Trust me once you go up you will NEVER GO BACK DOWN!

Just my .02

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i don't think i would i love being up, but was just thinking about if i ever have to sell it, also do u have to get like a different tow hitch if u raise the truck or do u still use the regular one, thanks for all the info i appreciate it

Dan

·
Registered
570 Posts
Same Receiver (mounted on the truck if you have the tow package) just change the "Drop Hitch"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts