Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a slide in camper and want to know if there is any one out there with a 4 inch lift kit, in the same situation. My question is, Is it safe and is it a pain in the but, or should i just keep the stock height? I am looking at the Tuff Country kit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just a thought, I would think that you would have to be a real thrill seeker to enjoy the ride and handling after raising your center of gravity and adding the weight of a T/C on the truck. I have a 2500HD D/A ext cab long box truck. I carry a Lance 915 and although I've added Firestone air bags and now Rickson 19.5 wheels and Michelen XDE tires, I still notice the weight when in the mountains. I would try it with a stock height first.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been hauling it for a few years now run 33's right now and I have seen a few lifted trucks running around with slide ins, but i am concerned about the height.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
with 4" rancho kit and 35" tires my truck is 82" tall (6' 10") add slide in and you'll be close to 10-11'

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The truck/camper setup is my brothers and he's only used it a few times thus far. He's pushing the capacity limits of the truck since he's got a short bed, and towing a 24' enclosed car trailer doesn't help matters. He's added an extra leave to the rear spring pack, runs air-bags, and a big-ass SuperHitch setup. I'm pretty sure he slows down pretty good for sharp corners :) I'm not sure what his overall height is but he's pretty tall. WSUCowboy here on the forum has a similar setup (6" lift with camper, etc.).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The truck/camper setup is my brothers and he's only used it a few times thus far. He's pushing the capacity limits of the truck since he's got a short bed, and towing a 24' enclosed car trailer doesn't help matters. He's added an extra leave to the rear spring pack, runs air-bags, and a big-ass SuperHitch setup. I'm pretty sure he slows down pretty good for sharp corners :) I'm not sure what his overall height is but he's pretty tall. WSUCowboy here on the forum has a similar setup (6" lift with camper, etc.).
I am sitting at 3190 for my slide in, I also have a short bed. I am rated for 3193. I have a whole 3 pounds left. I also run air bags, but am mostly concerned about pulling in some where and tipping over side ways, because slide in's put alot of weight up high, especially when lifted.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i would suggest a rear swaybar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts