Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey you guys, im looking at doing a 2" lift on the truck because it is my tow rig and want to run 285's with out rubing on rough roads, this is my first IFS truck and was wonder where to get these "lift keys" for the torsion bars and if they are hard to install, i figure ill just go with blocks in the rear, suggestions, ideas? thanks for all yer help

·
Registered
628 Posts
You might want to have a mod move this to the suspension forum, but I think you need a set of keys from our body style half ton (6 lug) trucks. You should be able to crank your torsion bars an inch or so and have no problems with those 285's. I have a friend here with a 1/2 ton and 285's, slight crank and he has no problem even off road.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
i run 285's with my t-bars cranked up a little, no running ever with my 3/4 ton, I have the stock fender cut-outs too.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
You can use ford keys to get more lift than the GM keys will allow. Check out the specifics on fullsizechevy.com under the tech section.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I done it on a 97 6.5T to fit 35X12.50's on 16.5X10 wheels. You can find the keys on E-Bay cheap and the install is very easy and straight-forward

1 - 5 of 5 Posts