Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the lift is in and awesome!!! Let me know what you think.

3rd Coast Suspension, 20x12 Weld's and 39.5 Truxus STS tires.

Here's a pic of mine next to John Kellen's truck.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Whoa! Man that looks like a bear to climb into.

Very nice.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is it just me, or does that rear prop look like it's at a pretty steep angle? How are the vibes? It's non-cv too, iirc...Edited by: Joe E

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to replace the front driveshaft to correct the high angle, but the front CV's are almost flat. No vibration on the drive shaft.

You should see my wife climb into it. It's pretty funny. Gotta get some steps soon.Edited by: Pendlum

·
Registered
570 Posts
Pendlum,

That looks sweeeeeet!!!

Is it a Duramax/Allison? What gearing are you using? I ask because I want to put a lift on mine (when it gets here) and was thinking of running CST lift with 37's. I'm just not sure about the gearing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
OOOOOH YEAAAAA!!!!!

IMPRESSIVE Truck

You did it RIGHT Brother

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I am very sorry to hear that you have done business with 3rd coast. You will be disappointed very soon with the suspension lift and the service that you will not get when you start to have issues with your truck. Trust me, you will wish that you went somewhere else.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately it's the 6.0L. I should have gone with the Diesel. I even had a friend tell me to drive the diesel before I bought the truck, but I didn't. That was my only mistake.

The truck came with 4.10's (I hunted for this truck) and the 6.0L is a lot more powerful than I thought it was going to be with the 39.5's. I couldn't imagine what it would be like with 3.73 (unless you have the diesel).

I bet with a diesel you wouldn't even notice the tire size on power.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts

I see white door buckets chrome handles and painted bumper covers and custom painted airdam in your future .....

Check out JPCustoms !!!!

What'cha waiting for ??

Mac

·
Registered
570 Posts
Pendlum said:
Unfortunately it's the 6.0L. I should have gone with the Diesel. I even had a friend tell me to drive the diesel before I bought the truck, but I didn't. That was my only mistake.

The truck came with 4.10's (I hunted for this truck) and the 6.0L is a lot more powerful than I thought it was going to be with the 39.5's. I couldn't imagine what it would be like with 3.73 (unless you have the diesel).

I bet with a diesel you wouldn't even notice the tire size on power.
Thanks for the info. It's diesel, I tried everything to get 4.10's but no go from the factory.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I drove John's truck (the yellow one in the picture) and it has 3.73 with the diesel and you can't even tell. So much power. I bet it would turn those 39.5's so easily.

Jeees, John can smoke those 36's all day long.Edited by: Pendlum

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just out of curiosity, anyone running or know someone using 37’s with 3.73 gearing in the Duramax/Allison combo?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Pendlum,

What a shweet ride! Absolutely incredible, but I agree with dmaxalliTech, it would look even better in another color, say black (since that's what I ordered,
)

·
Banned
735 Posts
Lookin' Good Jason!

Now I gotta get bigger tires.LOL!

GMC2500HD, What is your Beef w/ 3rd coast?

Kevin has been nothing but helpful and honest with Jason and I. I am totally pleased with the work on my truck, and have not had any problems to speak of.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks sweet. How high of a lift is it? What lift is on the yellow truck?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jason,

Well done! Give me an altitude headache just lookin' at it

You have an inside line on a lot of good accessories, we'll be looking for updates.

Enjoy and happy new year.

Bob

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Just wanted to post a pic of my old truck, this one had the Whiplash kit on it. Rode great, but would not go through the hassle of a lifted truck again.
Edited by: GMC2500HD

1 - 20 of 40 Posts