Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know this has bothered me for some time. I've searched and read some other threads, but it seems there was no real conclusion.
How many of you HAVE done the mod?
Would you do it again?
Did you see any true gain?
Is it true that JK's had cracked?

These engines are pumping a lot of air!
Being my tranny is out along with a lot of other things I thought it might be as easy to get to now as its going to get.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
We modified the stock manifold here and did a lot of testing both with the modified manifold and without it on the dyno and the street. Bottom line was there was no change in power output or EGT's that we could measure. So my answer is that if your doing it to make yourself feel good about doing it then do it but if your doing it for a power increase or RGT decrease it's a waste of time. One thing is for sure it will not hurt anything.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt know there was one out! :banghead:
Do you have a link for it? I'll at least look at it but from what Diesel Tech said, its probablly not worth the work. Should go with a bigger downpipe first?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad they dont have any prices on their page. Is there any supporting vendors on here that sell BD Products?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Ive installed the one from BD.....Not sure if it did anything or not cause i installed the turbo from them as well. As Steve said you wont hurt anything by installing it. IIRC it was around 300 and comes with no gaskets.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
on the right side of that web page is a link to download the price sheet.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh...didnt see it through the diamondplate. Thanks!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I installed one on my truck. The only reason I did it is because, (1) I was skeered to drill the manifold for the Pyro, and (2) My pyro lead wouldn't reach the passenger side manifold. (Trippin Mount)

I just reused to stock gaskets. Just make sure you retighten after it gets hot.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good call. And they're $15 cheaper than the BD website!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.