Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a leveling kit for my truck - I do a lot of towing and highway driving. Are there any drawbacks, such as quicker wear and tear on the front end, tires etc. What brand and where to buy? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes there are many many many threads on leveling kits in this section. Use the search function and see what comes up. You'll be reading until Christmas Eve. The most popular and better kit in my opinion is made by Cognito and I would recommend you talking to Nick at Nor-Cal Truck about setting you up something. His website also has some great info on it too.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
norcaltruck.com

·
Registered
739 Posts
you might also check out green key leveling kits or the truxxx kit

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
and Nick is 1sic250 on here...send him a pm he can answer any questions you might have

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
ya he is...why who the heck is 1sic250...i almost swear that was nicks name before or something

·
Registered
692 Posts
Before

After

Just finished tonight.. took 2 nights starting at dark till 11 then right before dark to 8
Cognito kit with keys blocks shocks braces... fun fun

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
ya he is...why who the heck is 1sic250...i almost swear that was nicks name before or something

I went by 1sic250 before but had it changed to Nor-Cal Nick because I had members PMing me and asking if I was Nick. Thought it would be better.

Cognito leveling kit... Great kit if you are open to spending a little extra than some of those other kits that use keys and shock extenders. It all comes down to travel.

Every truck can be turned up with just factory keys, no need to buy "Green, Blue, Purple, Orange" keys. BUT I did here of 1 member that install Pink keys from a Toyota and it gave him about 6" of lift:lol:

Know but really all trucks have keys that most of the time will give you enough adjustment to bring your truck up to get a little nicer stance. The first thing that everyone should do is upgrade your shocks to help with the right. When cranking up on your t-bars you decrease your drop out travel and your truck will top out faster. A better valved shock will help control that lose of travel. Basically you what to slow down how fast your truck moves through its travel so it doesn't top out so fast and give you a bad ride. If you want to solve other issue's that are caused by leveling your truck like worse upper ball joint angles and maximize your ride you can add the Cognito UCA's and you will be nothing but happy.

Here is a link on the shocks that I prefer:
Bilstien Shocks

And here is a link that helps you see what happens while leveling your truck:
Leveled & Rough Ride

Nor-Cal Nick

·
Registered
106 Posts
The kit looks pretty sharp and fully functional. Can anybody tell me what to expect from the leveling kit installed and somebody pulling a 5th wheel and/or a gooseneck. Should I expect the front end to be pointing up to the stars?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The front will be alot higher when you are towing a load once its been leveled. The best way to help keep it level is to install a set of airbags in the rear. That will keep the truck level and it make the truck handle so much better under load.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
The front will be alot higher when you are towing a load once its been leveled. The best way to help keep it level is to install a set of airbags in the rear. That will keep the truck level and it make the truck handle so much better under load.

x2

:exactly: Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I am looking at getting a leveling kit for my truck - I do a lot of towing and highway driving. Are there any drawbacks, such as quicker wear and tear on the front end, tires etc. What brand and where to buy? Thanks for the help.
Green keys, some Bilsteins and you will be set. No need for all that other stuff.

I know a few that have installed that kit and had warranty issues from various dealers because of the aftermarket parts installed. Just be cautious.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
Green keys, some Bilsteins and you will be set. No need for all that other stuff.

I know a few that have installed that kit and had warranty issues from various dealers because of the aftermarket parts installed. Just be cautious.

Can you help explain how your set up works?

What was the problems that you know of?

I am always open to ways I might be over looking.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i think he is saying that he knows of people that installed the cog arms and took it in for warranty work and had problems and it was because of the arms? doesnt make since because if anything the arms are correcting problems...:confuzeld

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Can you help explain how your set up works?

What was the problems that you know of?

I am always open to ways I might be over looking.
i think he is saying that he knows of people that installed the cog arms and took it in for warranty work and had problems and it was because of the arms? doesnt make since because if anything the arms are correcting problems...:confuzeld
I don't know the specifics. I just know of 3 people around here that installed those kits, had steering box, front end issues and took their trucks in and had the warranty issues denied because of the installed parts. I will talk to them next time I see them and see if I can get details.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
hmm thats interesting...let us know what you find out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts